• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Am Symptomatic as of yesterday

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

BlueZ

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Volunteered to help out at a place in OCONUS.

And was very busy doing RNA extraction kits on virus samples and running PCR last week on live patient samples.
Took all the precautions but now I have tell tale symptoms of CORVID19.

Hopefully its just a normal cold as i am blood group A, but that may not be a realistic hope.

In any event this may be a chance to finally lose some weight
;)

Last edited:

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

And was very busy doing RNA extraction kits on virus samples and running PCR last week on live patient samples.

Hopefully its just a normal cold as i am blood group A, but that may not be a realistic hope.

;)
There are better ways to loose weight!!!!

Sewingcreations15

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
@BlueZ hopefully it will be just a cold but doesn't sound promising as you are dealing with live samples. It is a pretty contagious virus from what I am hearing.

As said better ways to loose weight but if you have to loose weight just give it to me preferably without the virus attached ;) .

Keep us updated on your condition and rest up.

Last edited:

BlueZ

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
whats blood group have to do with anything?
Individuals with a Blood Group A+ or A - are more than twice as likely to suffer severe complication and death from CORVID19 as all other Blood Groups.

This does not affect your risk to catch it .
Just your severity if you do catch it.

Last edited:

DrPrepper

Awesome Friend
Neighbor

;)
BlueZ, I will pray that you are part of the 80% with relatively mild symptoms, and that you have a rapid recovery!

BlueZ

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Interesting about the blood type. Any chance you qualify for quinine treatment?
I am in a weird limbo for testing and treatment options.

I dont qualify for the military hospitals since I am "only" a reservist and the military Nurse Practitioner I had asked about testing opportunities in military clinic (the same clinic I had volunteered to help out in the lab) has not returned my call.

I also dont belive that I qualify for the host nations free municipal testing since I am a foreign (US) citizen

My local GP who usually loves my private US health insurance does not accept CORVID19 patients but refers them to the municipal service which I do not think I am eligible for.

I may have to beat this on my own with my bodies defenses.

Last edited:

BlueZ

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Under what protocol are you there? someone must be responsible for you.
I am sure someone is.. just need to find them.

My mental alertness is declining and i dont have a lot of energy to research.
In the morning I will likely be more alert and capable of making calls.

One good thing is I do not have fever.. that is one symptom i dont have.. so perhaps it not too serious.. But for diseases like this (colds/flus) I rarely do get fever, so it may just be individual variation.

Tommorrw I will throw out the flag to my contract company and make them research it (am here on contract, not as a reservist, usually company pays medical but if the local doctors are referring folks to the municipal program that may not help me.. but i may try to get tested there .. making more phonecalls tommororw)

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
You were active duty, you are a reservist, you should qualify for VA benefits. If all that is available is the base then you should have access to that. If they won't return your calls I'd leave a message and then, after masking up, I'd show up. If that doesn't work I'd call my senators and representative.

BlueZ

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The clinic where i helped out is a 2.5 hours drive one way.. some parts of the day I feel capable of driving others I dont.
There is another clinic nearby I will try to get it.. but since i am neither active duty nor retired nor on 30 day orders as a reservist i am not eligible for VA. .

I ill try host nation assets tomorrow

Group Builder