Amazon shopping

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Today looked to be a bad day for me shopping at Amazon. I had five misc items in my cart, some coupons and credits were applied, but when I hit "submit order" those coupons/credits disappeared and I was charged the full amount. Ah, crap. So I called Amazon, expecting a real hassle. They were very nice, confused themselves by what their system had done, so they started applying more credits and trying to fix the order. They had as rough a time doing that as I had with the initial order, so finally they just canceled my order and we started over from scratch. They said that should make their newly added credits (added for my inconvenience) appear. Well it indeed did that. The total for all my items dropped from $65.41 to $14.01. And their silly system ended up creating three separate orders instead of the one I created. Whatever. That was an acceptable discount for the 15 minutes of my time spent on the phone with them.

shopping_cart.jpgorders.jpg

Today looked to be a bad day for me shopping at Amazon. I had five misc items in my cart, some coupons and credits were applied, but when I hit "submit order" those coupons/credits disappeared and I was charged the full amount. Ah, crap. So I called Amazon, expecting a real hassle. They were very nice, confused themselves by what their system had done, so they started applying more credits and trying to fix the order. They had as rough a time doing that as I had with the initial order, so finally they just canceled my order and we started over from scratch. They said that should make their newly added credits (added for my inconvenience) appear. Well it indeed did that. The total for all my items dropped from $65.41 to $14.01. And their silly system ended up creating three separate orders instead of the one I created. Whatever. That was an acceptable discount for the 15 minutes of my time spent on the phone with them.

View attachment 43432View attachment 43433
I think they miss us old guys that could actually make stuff work.
I'm sure you could have tossed out "possible racism" and gotten the whole thing for free :p.
If you have never seen the movie "Idiocracy", you should.
Every day that passes, this is becoming what the people that surround us are now.
They only have half a brain.
I did live chat with my email provider to ask how I could download the messages in the 'sent items' folder on webmail.
He told me I could only download messages that were in my inbox.
And then he said, (and I quote): "Why are you causing this scene?".
No
poop.png
The conversation went downhill quickly from there because I don't smoke pot.
You and I could easily become among the 'enlightened ones' in the "Star Chamber" in just a few years:
shutterstock_editorial_1635903a.jpg

I think they miss us old guys that could actually make stuff work.
I'm sure you could have tossed out "possible racism" and gotten the whole thing for free :p.
If you have never seen the movie "Idiocracy", you should.
Every day that passes, this is becoming what the people that surround us are now.
They only have half a brain.
I did live chat with my email provider to ask how I could download the messages in the 'sent items' folder on webmail.
He told me I could only download messages that were in my inbox.
And then he said, (and I quote): "Why are you causing this scene?".
No View attachment 43435.
The conversation went downhill quickly from there because I don't smoke pot.
You and I could easily become among the 'enlightened ones' in the "Star Chamber" in just a few years:
shutterstock_editorial_1635903a.jpg
I've read several funny things today. This goes straight to the top.

Just thought of Idiocracy today. Kids and I were in the car, waiting for the deli to bring out our to go order (our restaurants are not open). The deli is next door to a pot shop. We watched two people walk in, both overweight, come out with their medical goodies. The second guy was smiling and yelling stuff. Granddaughter said that he was acting like he already sampled some. Idiocracy.

I've read several funny things today. This goes straight to the top.
From the movie: "Don't bother me now, I'm 'bateing!"

Spend some time with stupid people today. :thumbs:
They need us.

Amazon is a lot like the national banking system. They make $millions$ a year off of fees, over charges, and mistakes from people who are just too lazy to make that 15 minute phone call. The other day I wanted to buy a grill brush. I found the one I wanted for $25, then I searched until I found the same one, made in the same factory, by the same people, out of the same materials, for $9. The first one had 5 stars and the second one had 0 reviews. Hence the price difference. They raise the price with every few 5 star reviews they get.

Amazon is a lot like the national banking system. They make $millions$ a year off of fees, over charges, and mistakes from people who are just too lazy to make that 15 minute phone call. The other day I wanted to buy a grill brush. I found the one I wanted for $25, then I searched until I found the same one, made in the same factory, by the same people, out of the same materials, for $9. The first one had 5 stars and the second one had 0 reviews. Hence the price difference. They raise the price with every few 5 star reviews they get.
Exactly! People have no idea how much they are lead around by the nose by Google and Amazon. Their robots (computers) decide what they will 'let' you see.
Two people can search up the exact same thing and the price will be different for both depending on their spendability (gullibility) index.
As I covered in another thread, the inexpensive 'Made in the USA' can-opener will not appear in the searches until you try to bail out.
And as Dave found out, they make so many billion$ that they will jump thru hoops and practically give stuff away to prevent bad feedback.

Two day shipping no longer exists with Amazon or Walmart. I have had stuff set for two weeks before it leaves a warehouse.
If you complain, they will probably give you $2.50 off your next order
lmao.gif

Ever notice, it's always your next order?

And the deals just keep getting better. Today, one of the orders from yesterday suddenly converted to free. And also this morning, another $12 appeared as credit on my account for future purchases. Amazon only has another dollar or two to go before they will end up paying me for having ordered from them. I guess my experience shows it is well worth a call to them when you notice a problem on your order.

I will say, they are quite generous when they make a mistake. Or stupid. I'm betting on stupid.

Par for the course. America use to be known for its quiality and quantity,now we hav lost both.

Back