Amish / Mennonite Stores in Ohio

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmissy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We are thinking of taking a quick trip to SugarCreek OH and the surrounding area. Was wondering if anyone knows of any stores that are off the beaten path that are worth going to. Thought maybe we could do a bit of stocking up and they have a terrific fabric store I want to hit.

@goshengirl might know. Doesn't she live in Ohio?
Yep, but not in that part of the state. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Sugarcreek.
But I do highly recommend Lehman's in Kidron, like everyone else. 😁
@lilmissy, if you make that trip, please let us know what's what up there. Like writing a little review. That area is near Lehman's - I'm sure a lot of us would like to branch out if we make a trip that way.

Thanks everyone!
goeshen girl, i have never heard of the Cabin Store. i will definitely be going there. If not for anything but to look around.
We use to go to this area at least twice a year. But would hit mainly the same stores everyone hits in Berlin, Sugar Creek and Walnut Creek. Was thinking maybe someone would know of the stores off the beaten path. I have found some of those in Lancaster PA and most of their prices are phenomenal. You know those stores, they sell a small selection of fabric, bras, Salves, Bibles, and groceries, lol.
we always hit on our way in on Walnut Creek. They make the biggest ice cream cones ever! 🐖

@lilmissy, what are some of the stores you always go to? Like the fabric shop you mentioned? I've really been wanting to go back to Lehman's and make it a longer trip and come back down through some of the towns you mentioned. We have a small Amish community in southern OH (Adams County) with a couple "general" stores (mostly small furniture, knick-knacks, and foodstuffs) - nothing like the specialty stores up north.

@lilmissy, what are some of the stores you always go to? Like the fabric shop you mentioned? I've really been wanting to go back to Lehman's and make it a longer trip and come back down through some of the towns you mentioned. We have a small Amish community in southern OH (Adams County) with a couple "general" stores (mostly small furniture, knick-knacks, and foodstuffs) - nothing like the specialty stores up north.
The town of Berlin has a strip maybe a mile or two long with little shops and restaurants. You can park and walk up one side, down the other. Then drive a little more up the road and do the same. Or if you dont mind walking, just park once. Along 39 on your way into Berlin there are some craft stores, furniture stores And there is a store that has wool applique, quilt fabric, and all kinds of patterns. There are some flea markets also. Now these are the flea markets you are thinking. Mostly new items. In front of the one flea market, it a fabric store called Zincks. Nice size and they have all kinds of fabric, buttons, zippers, etc. cheap. You have to watch, some things are junk or not good quality, but others are quilt store quality. They also have a store near Lancaster PA if you have ever been there but this one to me is bigger and better deals. There is also one quilt store that sits right along 39 and behind it is an antique store. This fabric store is nice, but normal pricing. If you go thru Berlin, there is a road you make a left onto and there is a sign that says Charm, OH. A few quilt shops, craft stores and a lumber yard that is a must to stop at just to look around. Make sure you stop at Walnut Creek Cheese. These towns are always changing, so some of these suggestions might be not correct. Plus I just get in and drive, always looking for a good bargain, lol. My directions are usually a little off. Guggisberg. Cheese is also there In one of these towns. Best swiss cheese ever. You can definitely spend a few days there. Plus PGraham Dunn has his showroom and store there And Jg Wether or some name like that that does Pewter stuff. My in laws always go there, I do not, not into it. Once I go I will let you know any thing else I discover. Am hoping to go within two weeks.

Latest posts

Back