Anal Gland Problems,Dog Dragging Rear End

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
What can help keep iglands clear ?
Any of you suppress the glands? I watched YT and I know they are at 4 oclock and 8 oclock.
Not thrilled about the precedure!:ghostly::eek::barf:.

Ieven ehardsoem sicko's actually have gland contest to see who dog glands shoot the furth:rolleyes:o_Orest!

Its just onw thing after another now.

I've read it can harm dogs if not done correctly. My aunt taught me how to do it but it has been a very long time since I expressed the anal glands of a dog. It is not for the faint of heart, as I'm sure you know. Can you find a mobile dog groomer in your area?

I thought our dog had that problem. It turns out she has an infection and the vet gave us some ointment to put on her. Not sure if your dog is a female but you might want to check under her tail to see if she is black and swollen.
My cousin's dog had a bad anal gland and the vet just removed it.
The place my wife takes our dog for baths and nail clipping also will do the gland.
I hear you about one thing after another. I made 2 trips to the vet this week and spent $750.

I've read it can harm dogs if not done correctly. My aunt taught me how to do it but it has been a very long time since I expressed the anal glands of a dog. It is not for the faint of heart, as I'm sure you know. Can you find a mobile dog groomer in your area?

That may be a good idea we haven't thought of.

I thought our dog had that problem. It turns out she has an infection and the vet gave us some ointment to put on her. Not sure if your dog is a female but you might want to check under her tail to see if she is black and swollen.
My cousin's dog had a bad anal gland and the vet just removed it.
The place my wife takes our dog for baths and nail clipping also will do the gland.
I hear you about one thing after another. I made 2 trips to the vet this week and spent $750.

Well there will be self serve here if that price comes up!:eyeballs:. No way will I spend 750 on her. We already have lots of money in her sister.
HashB thank you though for help, just can't keep supporting this vet.

Well there will be self serve here if that price comes up!:eyeballs:. No way will I spend 750 on her. We already have lots of money in her sister.
HashB thank you though for help, just can't keep supporting this vet.

That $750 wasn't for the problem I was talking about. The vet bills this week were for my cat that was very sick and had to be put down and the monthly treatment for the dog. The cat was almost $500.
There is no such thing as a free pet.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
That $750 wasn't for the problem I was talking about. The vet bills this week were for my cat that was very sick and had to be put down and the monthly treatment for the dog. The cat was almost $250.
There is no such thing as a free pet.:rolleyes:

Oh I thought that was to clear the gland, and I know pets aren't cheap and neither are we since it cost $200 to 300 dollaars everytime we go.
Our animals are fixed and we use to pay for other animals to be fixed,but that stopped a long time ago. It is shameful how many puppies and kittens are born now and end up homeless or in shelters. They use to be put to sleep and measured by tons in shelters and pounds, not by the number of animals but by the weight.

From my experience when an animal drags its rear they either have worms or poop hanging out of their butt.

From my experience when an animal drags its rear they either have worms or poop hanging out of their butt.

Nope Grimm that ain't her problem. She is almost 13 or maybe she is 13 and I think it may be the gland. I am not looking forward to the job for sure. But hubby has larger hands so my finger would be better to use on her.

Last edited:
Back