Ancient Babylonian picture 8000 years old.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Do you see what I see?
whatamilookingat.png

One winner! Who else sees it? remember, its 8000 years old.
What have I said here and there? I can't wait until Tirediron and Neb see this!

Attachments

• alien gas mask.jpg
    alien gas mask.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 28
  • coffinmybutt.jpg
    coffinmybutt.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 29
  • mayan space helmet.jpg
    mayan space helmet.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 30
  • spacedoods.jpg
    spacedoods.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Sculpture_of_astronaut-676x450.jpg
    Sculpture_of_astronaut-676x450.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Ra's ride.jpg
    Ra's ride.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Everybody sees it right? so what does it mean?
I know, you know, do we say it?
I don't know what it means. It might mean that someone had visions of the future and these images are the result. I do know that Revelation tells of things that were not around when it was written, but seem more like what we see in aircraft and others now.

Some of if not all were added during reconstruction of ancient works.

That's almost as bad as saying the devil sneaked in there with a hammer and chisel.
I'm actually waiting on that one!

Despite certain beliefs, human OR humanoid history is far older than 7000 years. what was before?
I had a good friend who was a preacher, went to seminary school, bible college etc. the whole thing.
he KNEW his bible. One day as a young Christian, I asked him about such things. I asked him about things I had seen with my own eyes brought out of the coal mines in TN. He wouldn't look me in the eye, but he said:
"In Seminary, they told us NEVER to speak of such things."
You'd think if we got all high tech once before and blew ourselves up.(TWICE!) we'd want to be closer to god and hang on his every word to keep from doing it again logically. So what's being hidden and why?
I asked a Hindu friend about the jets and space ships in their holy book the Mahabharata, I said:
"Dude, what were you guys doing with nukes and jets 10,000 years ago?" He just smiled and said:
"Same as now friend, probably to the same end."
But please, lets not make this about religion, probably too late but anyway.
We KNOW they lie to us daily, they have since they could on a mass scale. so why hide it? there are giants in every tradition on earth, why hide it? the war in heaven is in every tradition on earth, as is the flood, why not hide the flood too? I mean its tied to the other two. what else have we never even heard of?

Some of if not all were added during reconstruction of ancient works.
Yes, it happens all the time. Artists doing restoration work on ancient temples, medieval churches etc add a few modern touches. Some people find it amusing, some think it's sacrilegious.

And why should I see that?

There is a commandment about graven images for a reason.

In one of the books given credit to Socrates there is a discussion of "The Form" which is a philosophical construct describes the perfect "thing". The "thing" could be whatever you want.

In one case the "form" of a horse bridle was used as an example. Four entities could be looked to to discover what the perfect bridle was.

Leather worker ( maker of the thing). He is an expert at leather but doesn't use a bridle a has the rely on orhers to judge a good bridle.

The horse but he ain't talking

The horse rider (user of the thing). He can tell if it works and what could make it better.

The artist that draws a picture of the bridle but knows nothing about leather, riding horses and can only represent his impression. He is the last person to ask.

Socrates argued that artists should be outlawed because they didn't know the truth but presented plays and art that mislead people in the true nature of the world.

Love Socrates

Ben

Say it because I’m not getting it.
Yes, it happens all the time. Artists doing restoration work on ancient temples, medieval churches etc add a few modern touches. Some people find it amusing, some think it's sacrilegious.
It’s a sacrilege.

This isn't the first time mankind has been to this level of technology, it may not be the last.
we are older, far older than 7000 years. Butttt. our particular variation of human is around that old.

And why should I see that?

There is a commandment about graven images for a reason.

a carving on a wall is not a 'graven image'.

if you read in kings and maybe chronicles and another place....it describes how temple looked.it had carved trees and fruit and such on walls and pillars. thers also a passage where YHWH says on palms of my hands i have engraven thee(Isaiah)..or something to that effect.plus there were two cherubim on ark.also two giant cherubim statues inside temple covered in gold.

context

Exodus 20:4-5
King James Version

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

1 Kings 6

18 And the cedar of the house within was carved with knops and open flowers: all was cedar; there was no stone seen.

23 And within the oracle he made two cherubims of olive tree, each ten cubits high.

24 And five cubits was the one wing of the cherub, and five cubits the other wing of the cherub: from the uttermost part of the one wing unto the uttermost part of the other were ten cubits.

25 And the other cherub was ten cubits: both the cherubims were of one measure and one size.

26 The height of the one cherub was ten cubits, and so was it of the other cherub.

27 And he set the cherubims within the inner house: and they stretched forth the wings of the cherubims, so that the wing of the one touched the one wall, and the wing of the other cherub touched the other wall; and their wings touched one another in the midst of the house.

28 And he overlaid the cherubims with gold.

29 And he carved all the walls of the house round about with carved figures of cherubims and palm trees and open flowers, within and without.

31 And for the entering of the oracle he made doors of olive tree: the lintel and side posts were a fifth part of the wall.

32 The two doors also were of olive tree; and he carved upon them carvings of cherubims and palm trees and open flowers, and overlaid them with gold, and spread gold upon the cherubims, and upon the palm trees.

33 So also made he for the door of the temple posts of olive tree, a fourth part of the wall.

34 And the two doors were of fir tree: the two leaves of the one door were folding, and the two leaves of the other door were folding.

35 And he carved thereon cherubims and palm trees and open flowers: and covered them with gold fitted upon the carved work.

theres more..i thought you might find it interesting..you can look it up. i think josephus even described all carvings on temple.

Last edited:
I thought a graven image was a statue anyway.

they can be..bowing down to them is the thing.

back in day they done fertility goddess stuff and there was all kinds of little statues of bare breasted goddesses of various names. an example of a large statue was when greeks occupied israel right before rome did. they put a giant statue of zueus in temple and slaughtered a pig in temple to it. they then tried to force feed the people it. many refused and went to their death. its all written in the book of macabees that was removed from the bible. the macabees revolted and gathered others up and defeated the worlds most powerful army at that time. its known as macabee revolt. things were good for awhile and then fell apart with corruption inside temple and wasnt long till rome showed up.

Right here in the state of montana. The tall dolmen overlooks a small valley. The shorter dolmen with the big rock on top is able to be rocked back and forth by a small person walking side to side. There are many mystery's out there.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzztizer.jpg
    zzzzzzzzztizer.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 15
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzboulder hot springs.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzboulder hot springs.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 16
Arizona too. Its just that what's the harm knowing we were once better than we are now?
How does effect anyone's relationship with whatever gods we choose? hell, might even make it closer.
so why hide it?
Maybe we're not who we think we are?

Not 8000 years old. Only a little over 100 years old.
Indonesia, Bali, Kubutambahan, Pura Meduwe Karang temple, the altar wall sculpture showing the Dutch cyclist discovering Bali in1904
Source?

Daniels visions of the 4th beast and or mystery Babylon that I am pretty convinced that the USA is both.

• Agree
Reactions: Neb
a carving on a wall is not a 'graven image'.

if you read in kings and maybe chronicles and another place....it describes how temple looked.it had carved trees and fruit and such on walls and pillars. thers also a passage where YHWH says on palms of my hands i have engraven thee(Isaiah)..or something to that effect.plus there were two cherubim on ark.also two giant cherubim statues inside temple covered in gold.

context

Exodus 20:4-5
King James Version

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

1 Kings 6

18 And the cedar of the house within was carved with knops and open flowers: all was cedar; there was no stone seen.

23 And within the oracle he made two cherubims of olive tree, each ten cubits high.

24 And five cubits was the one wing of the cherub, and five cubits the other wing of the cherub: from the uttermost part of the one wing unto the uttermost part of the other were ten cubits.

25 And the other cherub was ten cubits: both the cherubims were of one measure and one size.

26 The height of the one cherub was ten cubits, and so was it of the other cherub.

27 And he set the cherubims within the inner house: and they stretched forth the wings of the cherubims, so that the wing of the one touched the one wall, and the wing of the other cherub touched the other wall; and their wings touched one another in the midst of the house.

28 And he overlaid the cherubims with gold.

29 And he carved all the walls of the house round about with carved figures of cherubims and palm trees and open flowers, within and without.

31 And for the entering of the oracle he made doors of olive tree: the lintel and side posts were a fifth part of the wall.

32 The two doors also were of olive tree; and he carved upon them carvings of cherubims and palm trees and open flowers, and overlaid them with gold, and spread gold upon the cherubims, and upon the palm trees.

33 So also made he for the door of the temple posts of olive tree, a fourth part of the wall.

34 And the two doors were of fir tree: the two leaves of the one door were folding, and the two leaves of the other door were folding.

35 And he carved thereon cherubims and palm trees and open flowers: and covered them with gold fitted upon the carved work.

theres more..i thought you might find it interesting..you can look it up. i think josephus even described all carvings on temple.
I believe the word graven share a root with the word grave which means " to dig".

Here is a definition.

Re: Exodus 20: 4-5

"
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

"
I see the clause from verse 4 " likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth." as important in what was being forbidden. In all of the descriptions or the ark and the temple did not include any of the specifics listed in verse 4.

Plants and trees are cool. Cherubim are not in the sky, on the land or in the water.

Off hand the only thing that seems to break the rule was the brazen serpent God told Moses 5o put on a stick that the people could look at if they were bitten by a snake. But even that was a problem later when people started to worship it.

I am not trying to assert my understanding is is right or wrong. I am only sharing what I have to offer.
Back to my previous point about artists are not to be taken as truth.

0f892462004c341a4812b02be329dbd3.jpg

il_794xN.1721757769_pvzf.jpg

See here for Plato's Republic book X

Ben

Reactions: Neb
Only one answer: Time Travel!!!

I believe the word graven share a root with the word grave which means " to dig".

Here is a definition.

Re: Exodus 20: 4-5

"
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

"
I see the clause from verse 4 " likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth." as important in what was being forbidden. In all of the descriptions or the ark and the temple did not include any of the specifics listed in verse 4.

Plants and trees are cool. Cherubim are not in the sky, on the land or in the water.

Off hand the only thing that seems to break the rule was the brazen serpent God told Moses 5o put on a stick that the people could look at if they were bitten by a snake. But even that was a problem later when people started to worship it.

I am not trying to assert my understanding is is right or wrong. I am only sharing what I have to offer.
Back to my previous point about artists are not to be taken as truth.

View attachment 88339

View attachment 88340

See here for Plato's Republic book X

Ben

the serpent on a stick was fine..until they bowed down to it..YHWH doesnt commit sin..so the serpent on stick wasnt..its the bowing down. cheribum actually did fall or come from sky..i.e. fallen angels..they fell from sky..shimayien it says.

the reference to in sky was talking mostly about one thing..the sun...many/most cultures were sun worshipers. some moon stuff too and other astrology stuff. but look at archo sites and carvings..sun is everywhere on them. modern stuff hides it too in form of halo..often putting sun behind individuals head.

like you...do as you see fit...we only answer for ourselves..

Yeah, worshiping statues is a no-no, paintings as well. having them is fine as art.
Same as us. Adoration of an object gives it energy that can attract all sorts of bad things that want to snack on it and soon your house is full of astral pests. did you guys know that stone containing heavy concentrations of quartz can act just like a piezoelectric cell? its what makes "quake lights" and accounts for lots of "paranormal activity" which actually isn't, BUTTTT it can attract the real thing under the right conditions.
A little secret for my Christian pals:
You know all those "spooky signs" we who use Sorcery/magic like to draw all over the place? they're just like the circuits in a computer board, they are used to direct energy the same way, and drawing the "circuit" of an astral being Angel/fallen/whatever give them ownership of that thing! Now look around at all the big companies and networks who use those symbols and see what you're letting into your lives.(dollar bill/eye of Horus) But most are too scared to look into such things. Lucky you I'm a nice guy, my path is set (Seth? LOL) So I just tell you, and what I'm telling you is your lives are full of unregulated magic and Sorcery that's likely attracting all kinds of stuff you don't know, can't control and do not want!

And now you know why you don't do stupid crap like pray to statues.
UM...wait. some of you guys do. I'm sorry.

Latest posts

Back