Another example of "political correctness" by the Left..now George Washington must come down!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see it as a reminder of how far we all have come. Are the snowflakes white and it reminds them their ancestors may have been slave owners? It doesn't really say. I agree this seems like erasing history. In a place of learning it seems appropriate.

It seems to me to indicate a monumental lack of understanding of who Washington was, how the world was . . . and how the world just beyond their blurred vision still is.

Their attitude seems to be if you don't like real history, just rewrite it to suit yourself. If you tell a lie long enough it becomes the "new truth." I believe it was Hitler who said something like, "Give me control of the educational system and media and I will control the future generation's philosophy." But the "conventional" scientists, archeologists, etc., have been sweeping controversial historical facts under the rug anyway for more years than I care to count. When have you ever seen a history textbook in any school or college that mentions there was mining going on in Minnesota 4,000 years ago, or that there have been Roman soldier's armour found in Western America and the artifacts were dated to around 100 BC (based on coins found in the area), or that the Celts built villages in New England and SE Canada circa 300 BC - 200 AD? Or that the Mic Mac Indians (New England area) written religious language is almost an exact duplication of ancient Egyptian heiroglyphics from 4,000 years ago?

Their attitude seems to be if you don't like real history, just rewrite it to suit yourself. If you tell a lie long enough it becomes the "new truth." I believe it was Hitler who said something like, "Give me control of the educational system and media and I will control the future generation's philosophy." But the "conventional" scientists, archeologists, etc., have been sweeping controversial historical facts under the rug anyway for more years than I care to count. When have you ever seen a history textbook in any school or college that mentions there was mining going on in Minnesota 4,000 years ago, or that there have been Roman soldier's armour found in Western America and the artifacts were dated to around 100 BC (based on coins found in the area), or that the Celts built villages in New England and SE Canada circa 300 BC - 200 AD? Or that the Mic Mac Indians (New England area) written religious language is almost an exact duplication of ancient Egyptian heiroglyphics from 4,000 years ago?

Now we know why only the bad part of history repeats itself. JK.
Seems the more time passes the less real history we get from educators.
I always liked history and tried to decipher the facts from the agendas. Of course I forgot more than I remembered, especially the geography and eras.

And a couple years ago they made fun of DJT when he said Washington will be next..

images.jpeg

I believe it is a group who is trying to morph what America stands for. They are corrupting our way of life to be something it was not intended to be. They are using our own freedoms against us. It is brilliant in its design.

Just because someone does not like a statue, does not mean it is wrong. It just means they do not like it. They have every right not to like it as I have a right to like it. It should not be done away with for those that do not like it. It ‘offends’ you and it ‘offends’ someone else if you take it away. It is a wash.

America is a give and take. Not everyone will be happy with everything. But they have to accept that to live here.

Someone wants to be a female when they are male? Great, go for it. Just do not expect me to accept that and like it. As I accept your right to be whatever you want, you have to accept my right not to accept it. And you cannot force America as a whole to accept your choice. You cannot say that everyone has to accept that and expect us to change our lives to accept your choice.

I cannot tell you that you cannot say or like it as you cannot tell me what I can say or like. Wash again. We may disagree on who is right, but in reality we both are.

It is being turned into I cannot infringe on your right to not like something, which is true. But they are not taking the other half of that equation into account. They are turning it into a one-way street. They are trying to morph it into nothing can offend anyone. Which isn’t going to happen… Or shouldn’t happen, but is.

If they have any brains they will tell you to look at amendment #9.
Now I don't believe that there is a right to no fear or a right that says you have to agree with what I say. You do have a right to be pissed off at what I say and I have a right to say anything I like as long as it does not injure your reputation or is an outright lie. Libel and slander laws take care of that.

Latest posts

Back