Another new cat???😮🤔

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sammy is gaining some weight! He has good days and not so good days! Today he didn't want to eat as much as usual!! The vet said his body would have a hard time processing food for a while. She also said his organs could have been damaged from starvation! So hopefully tomorrow is a better day! Will take new pictures soon!!

Ok, about a week later....Sammy has gained  some weight, feels good. I need to take more pictures, he still has bald spots from the bad tom! His leg wound looks good. He is eating ok, still having a hard time once in a while, vet says that's to be expected!! So overall, Sam had made progress!! ♥️

View attachment 107652
First pic of Sammy!! He is a neutered male, got a good look! Also got a tube of flea control on him. Will get better pics soon, don't want to rush things!!
That looks like Ma Wildcat that hung around here a couple of years, different color though, and she weighed in at around 10 lbs.

I hope he can get that healthy!!
Lots of noodles and egg yolks with chicken skin. the chicken skin was what made Ma healthy, that, and Velveeta.
Wild-ish cats will fight raccoons over Velveeta. Ma could kick a full-grown coon's butt when I met her, however.

IMG_20230528_075827934~3.jpg

Picture of Sam this morning. Took it to email a picture of his wound to the vet! They said it is looking good! He keeps it clean, but that keeps the hair from growing back! He let Hubby comb him yesterday afternoon. His hair doesn't mat, but he gets those soft little burrs in his coat. They come out easily! Overall Sam is doing better!!

Sam has beautiful eyes. That wound may stay open for awhile and may require flushing with saline solution but hopefully it will heal up with time.
Yeah, the vet said as long as it doesn't look "soupy" and the skin around it isn't red it should be ok in a few more weeks!

I wish I could take more kittens but we've got our hands full with our clowder.
I learned a new word today! :woo hoo:
Noun:
1. A group or cluster of cats.
ORIGIN OF CLOWDER
First recorded in 1795–1805; variant of dialectal clodder “clotted mass,” noun use of clodder “to clot, coagulate,” Middle English clothered, clothred (past participle), variant of clotered; compare obsolete clotter “to huddle together”.

My cat Tiger has something wrong with his leg, might be a sprain or it might be an abscess, he has been limping around for several days. No sign of trauma, and it's not bad enough to even consider a vet... the "good" thing about an abscess is that it will eventually burst on its own, usually with a little help from the cat's teeth. No way I'm paying hundreds of dollars to some vet for treatment... Tiger is a tough cat, he'll get through it alright. Still no sign of little Z-Girl, I'm afraid she's gone for good. 😢

Wingnut, I hope Tiger's leg will heal quickly. I hope Z-Girl will return but I know how that goes. I've had so many disappear. A part of me wonders what happened to them but another part doesn't really want to know if it was something bad. I try to pretend they found new homes where they are happy although realistically I know that is not likely.

I had a cat who got attacked by dogs. No bleeding but she was scared and sore. I took her to the vet and he said there were no wounds. I can't remember how much longer later but the poor cat was not feeling well and I was petting her. I noticed a clump of fur stuck together. I picked at it a little to groom her and separate the fur. It was as scab plug over an abscess. As soon as it came off this nasty liquid that smelled like rotten milk started pouring out. The cat sighed in relief. It must have been hurting. I got to work trimming her fur with scissors (I don't have hair clippers) and trying to carefully squeeze the gunk out. As I was working the gunk started coming out of more punctures on her side and back. IIRC she had at least 7 punctures. She didn't object to what I was doing and I gave her treats afterward. I had to clean her up and took her back to the vet to get antibiotics. That was the poor cat that had cancer and the vet didn't listen to me. He said the blood tests came back negative but I could feel the tumors in her abdomen. I took her for a second opinion & that vet didn't catch it either. Finally after a year and a half he actually listened and felt the lumps. The cancer had spread too far to treat by that point. I was devastated and also pissed off at him for not listening to me. Since then he listens to me about my pets.

So Sammy is not putting on much weight! He feels good, follows me around in the morning when I feed and brush Buddy! When it's hot I know cats have a hard time keeping weight, but I called the vet and chatted about him! They are great to try to help without me spending a fortune on a cat that may not have a good future! So they suggested I deworm him for Coccidia! Did that tonight! A small suringe of Panacur. Hope that helps him! I'm just glad he is "living" life a little more!!

Back