Another next project....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greeneyes317

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I planned another project, bit don't think I'll even get it started before I go back to work. I went to Amish country today with some friends to spend my birthday money. I found a background fabric to go with my earth tone batiks jelly roll. I am planning the ribbon star from MSQC
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/sho...oc0Dqd1PfQVR1-mS_Ap_tveYdNCPFG0oaAuOaEALw_wcB
IMG_20180407_191507.jpg

I think this shows the color better for my background color. I'm worried about the fabric mixing with my batik jellyrolls. It is actually backing fabric (how am I gonna cut strips!!!) but the color is perfect. Since batiks are pretty well preshrunk, I'm wondering if I should wash this before I assemble blocks??
IMG_20180408_142553.jpg

Oh got ya. . . My focus was drawn in the earth tones and I totally missed the background! I do have my smack myself in the head days.:oops: Pre -shrinking would probably be the safest route to go just in case. Best unedited I've done is submerging in warm water, laying in a towel with another on top and roll up, then iron to dry. To me it doesn't feel as flimsy as out of a wash cycle. I was using a cheaper cotton so may have had something to do with it the first go around. Live and learn right.

COSunflower I only have a yard of it. But it is backing fabric so it's 108" wide. When the lady at the quilt shop "cut" my yard she actually snipped a bit then just tore it. She said you can't cut straight edges when it's folded so many times. I don't trust tearing an accurate 2 1/2" strip. My cutting mat is only 36" x 24". Oy, it's gonna be fun! The fabric is so perfect though

COSunflower I only have a yard of it. But it is backing fabric so it's 108" wide. When the lady at the quilt shop "cut" my yard she actually snipped a bit then just tore it. She said you can't cut straight edges when it's folded so many times. I don't trust tearing an accurate 2 1/2" strip. My cutting mat is only 36" x 24". Oy, it's gonna be fun! The fabric is so perfect though
It works just fine.

Latest posts

Back