Another one from Wyoming

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WanderingJer

New Friend
Neighbor
Howdy. Some may remember me as Jerngen on another forum I haven't been to in a long time.
I tend to wander a lot, having moved 60some times in my life. Recently moved to Wyoming with my wife and kiddos (from MI). Living in the city now is chaffing at me but I'm trying to adjust for their sakes. We love to garden, can, hike/camp, fish, and are constantly going on trips exploring lesser known areas of our country. Photography is also an obsession of mine.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon, been to Wyoming, have relatives in Upton, it's beautiful there but we don't like to see gates on the on ramps to the freeways, we lived at 8,000 feet in Colorado where we dealt with enough snow to last a life time, we may get a few inches here during the winter but it's almost always gone by the next day.

Thank you everyone! We live on the plains here by a mountain. Hardly any snow at all compared to Northern Michigan. The wind however...... every couple of weeks we get a couple of days of wind that is crazy!! But in all of my travels I have yet to find a place where you didn't have to make a sacrifice of some sort. :)
I love the low population density here and the wilderness that can be found (as long as you avoid the northwest corner of the state during tourist season).

in all of my travels I have yet to find a place where you didn't have to make a sacrifice of some sort. :)

You are so right. I haven't moved as much as some here, but I have lived in three of the four time zones in the U.S. There are pros and cons no matter where you are.

A warm welcome from Alaska! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you everyone! We live on the plains here by a mountain. Hardly any snow at all compared to Northern Michigan. The wind however...... every couple of weeks we get a couple of days of wind that is crazy!! But in all of my travels I have yet to find a place where you didn't have to make a sacrifice of some sort. :)
I love the low population density here and the wilderness that can be found (as long as you avoid the northwest corner of the state during tourist season).
Wyoming, like Nevada, is a good place to have wind generators, running around some of the out of the way places in northern Nevada we have seen many wind generators that were the only power going to the homes. I had a friend that was staying at Star Point which is 27 miles west of Winnemucca, he sent me pictures of the campground that showed how the wind was blowing up the snow into large roles that you could make a snowman with.

Welcome to here! I hope you will like it here.

It would be a treat to see some of your photographs in our photo thread!

Back