Another Oregonian

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viking

I know a lot of things, but master very few
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hi, I'm just an old guy (75) with a young mind, always looking for information that will help long range survival. Hey, I'm still physically capable of taking care of my dear wife's and my 2 plus acres, plus chickens, fruit and nut trees, wild quail, wild turkeys, deer and other creatures. We have a solar backup power system in the works, panels to be put up but as is the system works. Over the years I have developed a spring fed gravity water system.

Dang Viking,
I was beginning to wonder if you were ever gonna find your way over here,

Glad you did,

Several here were trying to get you directions how to find all of us.

You will bump into some familiar faces and a few that you will get to know,
So , take a load off your feet , and relax ,

Just enjoy the place.

Thanks for coming man,

Welcome :welcome:

Jim

You are sure to see this joke so allow me to get any initial shock out of your system.
:LOL: Welcome to a fun place.
daily-afternoon-randomness-in-hq-43-photos-10.jpg

Sounds like you've got some nifty tricks to teach some folks. (like me) Glad you migrated over with so many of the others. I know they make me giggle and have imparted ideas I never even conceived of.

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, for all my years you'd think I'd know something worthwhile. Anyway, with all of the familiar names here, I do get a warm and fuzzy feeling of being part of the gang and I'll try my best not to be a cranky old fart.

Hi, I'm just an old guy (75) with a young mind, always looking for information that will help long range survival. Hey, I'm still physically capable of taking care of my dear wife's and my 2 plus acres, plus chickens, fruit and nut trees, wild quail, wild turkeys, deer and other creatures. We have a solar backup power system in the works, panels to be put up but as is the system works. Over the years I have developed a spring fed gravity water system.

Hi Viking glad to see you again. You and others helped me get my solar package at the other place.

Lots of yall are here now but not everyone.

The old gang,

nadja,mosquitomountainman
Terri
LincTex
TMT
Old coot
Zimmy
Lastoutlaw

SMAj100,,Caribou
IXJ99
AmmoSgt
tireiron
Davearm
Bugoutbob
Phildeaux
hiwall
Readytogo
Sentry
Pessimistic
Drfacefixer
Weedy
Padre
Havasu
UncleJoe

I seemed to have a problem with words here, sorry.:dunno:

Last edited:
Hello Viking!!!! I'm in Central Oregon - on the high desert. You must be in a more forested area? Are you west of the Cascades?
We live in the coastal mountains, most of which are not much higher than 3,500 feet. The high desert is great, we like taking highway 140 to get into Northern Nevada where we go gold detecting at Rye Patch which isn't all that far from Reno.

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, for all my years you'd think I'd know something worthwhile. Anyway, with all of the familiar names here, I do get a warm and fuzzy feeling of being part of the gang and I'll try my best not to be a cranky old fart.

I'm sure you have some wisdom to pass along. Don't worry about being cranky we have a Grumpy and he ain't bad at all.

I'm sure you have some wisdom to pass along. Don't worry about being cranky we have a Grumpy and he ain't bad at all.
Don't pay them any attention. It's Gumpy, not grumpy, but they know who I am!
Welcome from Clifton Tennessee. It's great to meet ya!

Latest posts

Back