• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Another session with the Security 9

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Spikedriver

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Got back out to the farm today. It was reasonably calm and sunny, and 25°. There was a mild breeze into my face.

I ran 22 rounds through it. (10+1 each, one mag of Hornady Critical Defense and one of WWB.) There were no malfunctions, besides with my aim...
KIMG0618.JPG KIMG0619.JPG

Top is 11 rounds of Hornady, bottom is 11 rounds of WWB on top of the Hornady group.

19 of the 22 shots went into the 6" target from 30 feet. One clipped the lower right edge and two went low and a bit left (yellow splashes). The overall group was 6 3/4". Not great but I'll live with it, as it was not precision fired and also not rapid fire. It was "go quickly, but take enough time to get a good sight picture" speed. Note that the two different types of ammo were almost at the same POI.

Overall, still very pleased with it.

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Very nice. I was just looking at one of these again the other day.

Spikedriver

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Very nice. I was just looking at one of these again the other day.
I would say that you'll be happy with it, if you accept it for what it is. For someone with your experience in LE I doubt it would measure up as your everyday carry, but as a backup or truck gun it would do quite well. Since I'm not the shooter you are and don't subject my guns to the use that you do, I expect it to be excellent for me...

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I would say that you'll be happy with it, if you accept it for what it is. For someone with your experience in LE I doubt it would measure up as your everyday carry, but as a backup or truck gun it would do quite well. Since I'm not the shooter you are and don't subject my guns to the use that you do, I expect it to be excellent for me...
The funny thing is that I really like guns that ride the line between value and performance. Perhaps because I started my love of handguns with a budget line S&W 915. I have a lot of fun going to the range with a budget gun and out shooting loud mouths with highly customized high dollar pistols.

I also love to buy guns of that nature to give away. I am a fan of the S&W SD9 series (with Apex springs). I have purchased, upgraded, and given away somewhere around 10 of them over the last 8 years or so to get people into handgun shooting, self defense, and supporting the 2A. Before that I gave away several police trade in S&W's like the 915, 5903, 6906, etc. I think the Security 9 might be my next buy, shoot, and give away gun. Underrated and priced to sell.

Latest posts

Group Builder