Antibiotic Question

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyLocust

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hey all,
Hubby wants me to order from Jace Medical to get some antibiotics on hand. I am not comfortable putting any information online.
Have any of you used this site before? If not, do you have a better option?
PS. Hubby hasn't been to a dr. in years other than ER for an injury.
I go for my annual "girly" checkup so don't know if that would count.
Neither of us have a GP as we are generally healthy.
Any input would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

I've never used Jase, but fun fact - fish antibiotics are 100% the same as human ones, just packaged differently. Cash at the pet store and no one is the wiser, or you can order from eBay for super cheap.
The antibiotics for humans are prepared dor passing through the stomach without being digested by stomach acid....

As far as I know...

Could be wrong. I get all of my misinformation from the internet.

Ben

The antibiotics for humans are prepared dor passing through the stomach without being digested by stomach acid....

As far as I know...

Could be wrong. I get all of my misinformation from the internet.

Ben
I have it on very good authority that the fish meds are the same pills dispensed for human use, often in the same blister packs - just put in different boxes. If you look, the doses are the same as what is prescribed for humans (ie: 250 mg, 500 mg, etc.). I know firsthand that they are efficacious in treating human infections...

Alot of people online say they order from them. I might have, but our feed store has been carrying zpacks, amox and ivermectin. Just easier to buy the antibiotics from them.
I wish our farm or feed stores had them, that would be super convenient. Only thing you can get locally is ivermectin. I've got an Indian (middle east, not native) supplier who can provide dog & cat veterinary products cheaper than our vet (and without the cost of an appointment), but it takes forever to get here and I worry about them getting snagged by customs...

My wife and I both ordered the jase kits. I have no problem ordering things online as I have separate bank accounts and cards and always leave zero on the one I use and no allowed overdraft. Other info that asked during the order was stuff that has been out on the internet for years. Not much about a person is private anymore. My dad never used the internet and I found his name, address, age, birthday and last 2 places lived searching for just a couple minutes.

Not sure it would work again but if you have a teledoc you can call you might be able to get a prescription from them. I called a few years ago and told the doc that I was going on an extended camping trip and could get exposed to bad water, skin infection or could get mauled by a bear and needed antibiotics just in case any of those things happed. He actually gave me prescriptions for all 3 types.

In a bottle with a gold fish on them, right on the front counter. Next to the tubes of ivermectin and the bottles of amoxicillan in a bottle with a goldfish on them, too.
The owner of the feed store knows they are bought for people use. But last time I was in there, he was telling an old guy that the azithromycin (zpack) was a steroid or something. I told him that it also was an antibiotic, as in the amox, just used for different things. The guy bought both to have, a d the owner thanked me for the info. I told him that I'm glad he sells it, I have some at home. And he said it was by customer request, so I was welcome.

A couple of things: 1. I have no problem ordering on line because at most you could lose $50 (stolen credit card limit) & have a lot of stuff to go through to fix everything. 2. Who are they for or what are they for? Animal meds are one thing & I would never do stock antibiotics for people because they can do more harm than good. The wrong antibiotic could make things a lot worse. I'm new here so maybe everybody knows your talking about animals but I won't assume that.

Latest posts

Back