Any Here Have Kids, Grandkids Learning Prepping?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing our best to raise our three grands that live with us to prep as a normal way of life. Our adult son in NM lives minimally, grows food, raises chickens and rabbits to eat, homebrews.

Just thinking about how well the youg will do in the grid goes down and foos is in short supply. Glad your son knows how to take care of things. I have a couple nephews who do but thats about it.

Sister has raised her daughter helping in a small garden, herbs, berries and such. She just graduated collage and has gotten more into a little larger scale gardening. Her fiance has gotten her more involved in shooting building on what I had already taught her. Wouldn't consider her prepared as she needs to be, but a leg or two up on 80-90% of the population. Shes smart and would be adaptable to learn and switch modes if need be.
I do push a little when I get the opportunity and she listens intently.

Sister has raised her daughter helping in a small garden, herbs, berries and such. She just graduated collage and has gotten more into a little larger scale gardening. Her fiance has gotten her more involved in shooting building on what I had already taught her. Wouldn't consider her prepared as she needs to be, but a leg or two up on 80-90% of the population. Shes smart and would be adaptable to learn and switch modes if need be.
I do push a little when I get the opportunity and she listens intently.

Thats good BacP. So many kids oday are not only ignorant aabout surving if shtf but also not in shape or able to do the work they would have to do to survive.

My kids are grown. One on her own; one still lives with us. I prep for him, and have explained the importance. I have no idea how much has sunk in. One grandson back East barely a year old. His Mother will diligently provide for him.

I am afraid both still consider it (insert eye roll) Dad's Hobby. Neither take it as seriously as I would like, although the pandemic did open some eyes.

Grandkids aged from 15-33 only one is interested in the lifetyle. And we can't help her she is in Texas. She turned 31 this year. Her mother is from Texas and my son is from Georgia.Lots of distance from us and 5 grands in Tx.and the 7 in Ga. aren't close to us they don't care for it anyway.

Email her links to support prepping.

Right now she is looking fro land and I have given her links like MHPGardener, and she has had chickens so knows a little about them. I just wish my other grands would get involved too. My oldest great grand only liked bugs,lol. He just turned 13 last week.
I'm still sick that we were robbed of all our pictures by Photobucket we ook of projects.

Offspring & spouse are preppers with food and protection.
Our church used to push being prepared for many years but are basically saying now: do what you have to do. So it varies from region to region and each congregation teaches formally about being prepared, depends on need and interest.
I've encouraged other offspring & spouses, singles. They are opening up to it.

Offspring & spouse are preppers with food and protection.
Our church used to push being prepared for many years but are basically saying now: do what you have to do. So it varies from region to region and each congregation teaches formally about being prepared, depends on need and interest.
I've encouraged other offspring & spouses, singles. They are opening up to it.

Thats good they listen. Ours like big homes and big money jobs on the most part just hope they and the rest od us don't get a eude awakening with this elcetion coming up. I don't thinkso but do consider it.

almost 6 yr ago we put up our photos of soil,raised beds, contaainers and hydroponis on facebook and all loved our pictires and our gardens when they came here to visit,now isolated they haven't visited since last summer. And even then only 4 grand kids came. Most are oo busy working or of course one is in prison. Others in Texas almost 900 milirs away so seldom get to see them at all.
Facebook no longer has pictures we don't put them up since we re-joined this last time.

Last edited:
They are all paying attention and concerned about the future but not overly worried. Their bravery, valiance, charity, and good humor amaze me. They're sober-minded and honest.
Their spouses are great examples of hope and faith. They get it done, they keep moving on.

Latest posts

Back