Any Kindle or other Reading Device users?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a Kindle for myself and wondered how many of you have one as well?
I have been using them for a few years for 99% of my online stuff using the Silk Browser to save my dinosaur PC.
At $120-$160 I consider them 'expendable'.
Love 'em!
If you're over 60, I hope you got the HD 10.
The keyboard and screen are much bigger & better than the HD 8 I used for years, (which still works fine) :thumbs:.

I've had my Kindle PaperWhite for several years.

I mainly take advantage of the Free with Prime and Early Reads books, but I was gifted an annual Kindle Unlimited membership last year and am considering continuing it.

I read mostly before bed. 1 or 2 chapters to unwind, unless I'm 85% or more through it, then I'll finish it.
I also take it to doctors appointments because even though I'm on time, that doesn't mean I'll get seen at my scheduled time...

I like my Kindle Paperwhite, it's small (paperback book size), it's backlit so I can read in bed without a light on to bother my DW. It's light, easy to hold, easy to read and it's battery outlasts my awake time. For magazines from the library, I use the bigger Ipad.

I like my Kindle Paperwhite, it's small (paperback book size), it's backlit so I can read in bed without a light on to bother my DW. It's light, easy to hold, easy to read and it's battery outlasts my awake time. For magazines from the library, I use the bigger Ipad.
This is what I got, a Paperwhite with larger storage. Mine has audible. I know I have to get Bluetooth headphones. Not there yet.

I've been using a Kindle PaperWhite for years. Before that, a Barnes & Noble Nook.

You need to look into the free "Calibre" software for managing your soon-to-be eBook collection. It's great software (and free!)

https://calibre-ebook.com/
I should probably look at it, my kindle looks like my office, books and magazines stacked everywhere.

I've got an old original style Kindle. Use it quit often even after years with it. Wife wore one out, so I got her a Paperwhite. She likes it. She also has a Kindle fire. Does all her online stuff with it.
I almost got a paperwhite during prime days, they had a real good sale. But I didn't pull the trigger

I've got an old original style Kindle. Use it quit often even after years with it. Wife wore one out, so I got her a Paperwhite. She likes it. She also has a Kindle fire. Does all her online stuff with it.
I almost got a paperwhite during prime days, they had a real good sale. But I didn't pull the trigger
I bought mine on Amazon Prime day. I've had it a week and need to figure some things out yet.

I have a Kindle Fire (2020) and the girls have Kindle Fires as well (2016). Theirs are locked so they can only access the downloaded books and apps. The idea was to get them to read more but Roo rather play games. I might get them each a Paperwhite next year.

I am a bibliophile so my Kindle gets some use but mostly I read and buy real books.

I have a Kindle Fire (2020) and the girls have Kindle Fires as well (2016). Theirs are locked so they can only access the downloaded books and apps. The idea was to get them to read more but Roo rather play games. I might get them each a Paperwhite next year.

I am a bibliophile so my Kindle gets some use but mostly I read and buy real books.
I am curious about the subscriptions and what to subscribe to and what I need to avoid.

I am curious about the subscriptions and what to subscribe to and what I need to avoid.

I use the fire to read free and cheap ebooks. I use to take it with me when we went to visit my folks instead of my laptop. Since starting to homeschool a few years back I take my laptop so I can work on lesson plans and research materials.

I have a Kindle Fire 10". Got it to replace original kindle fire from several years ago. I "subscribe" to Freebooksy which sends me free books to choose from once a week. I could get them every day, but there wouldn't be enough room on my kindle. LOL
I do use it as a tablet when I am on secured wifi. Otherwise I just read books on it. I do still have a grocery bag of paperback books hidden away if needed plus my library.

Latest posts

Back