Any other "SISSY" men on this forum, that cherish their survival "Warm Down Booties"......???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
I have 14 pairs of down booties, and today a backup pair of "NORTHFACE 700 DOWN BOOTIES" arrived. They are spendy, but they are way-way-way out of front of all other booties available. Down booties are a joy when camping or just spending the whole day lounging in the cabin. BAFFIN brand is second best, and would work will if someone had carpeted floors. Most down booties have "NO" sole for anything other then carpet. I think that NORTHFACE is discontinuing the model 700 after many decades. Not two early to start Christmas shopping.

I have 14 pairs of down booties, and today a backup pair of "NORTHFACE 700 DOWN BOOTIES" arrived. They are spendy, but they are way-way-way out of front of all other booties available. Down booties are a joy when camping or just spending the whole day lounging in the cabin. BAFFIN brand is second best, and would work will if someone had carpeted floors. Most down booties have "NO" sole for anything other then carpet. I think that NORTHFACE is discontinuing the model 700 after many decades. Not two early to start Christmas shopping.
I used to take a pair when we'd back pack in the winter. Nothing better to sleep in on a single digit or below night in a tent.
I need to order a couple pair. Mine wore out years ago

Girls shouldn't use chainsaws but you guys can wear booties??

tree being is getting it done here ! shes a badass !

Sure thing. Everybody likes warm feet don't they
even better is crawling in bed with a woman with warm feet !!

woman with a chainsaw and warm feet is A1 living right there !

@Sourdough i thought it was something you could crawl in bed wearing...aint no way i am crawling in bed with a woman wearing those things. ya need first aid by morning time.thats a serious lounging around cabin shoe.

the-north-face-womens-nuptse-bootie-700-winter-boots.jpg

Last edited:
That is the reason it it in a class way out in front of the others for a cabin like mine with uninsulated plywood floors.

i was thinking acorn socks.

46143_ts.jpg

OIP.QJFRzvJOrtp6ozDVIwtujAHaIJ

I have a couple pair of those but haven’t worn them much since I got Ugg boots like these below. But I do love those socks and the soles work great. They are my RV socks when we go camping now.

My Uggs have side zippers and is discontinued. The wool inners are so comfy and I keep the zipper about half way zipped when inside.

1662903121945.jpeg

Girls shouldn't use chainsaws

Don’t tell that to my wife. She has four chainsaws that I’m not allowed to touch.

It just doesn't get that cold here. Winter socks will suffice, and if I am still cold I will put on a second pair.

Good info, and I appreciate all of you sharing. If I am heading for a colder climate forewarned is forearmed.

Those North Face 700s would be great for cold mornings at elevation... everything else pictured looks mighty comfortable. Nothin' wrong with havin' warm & toasty feet, whether you're in the field or kickin' it at home... once the sun gets high enough, you can always swap out for regular footgear. :cool:

Latest posts

Back