Any " Unusual " Things Happening To You Lately?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
We both woke up to terror this morning!

We have two doors in our bedroom. One set of French doors leading to front porch,another one inside into hallway.
This morning hubby got up, hall door would'nt open so he went out French door to porch. He didn't think much about door handle not working.
Then he tried to come back in and realized front door was locked so tried to go back through french door.IT WOULD NOT OPEN,HANDLE JUST KEPT TURNING BUT DOOR WAS SOLIDLY LOCKED. SHUT.Likeit has a deadlock which it doesn't.

So now he iscalling for me to wake up and open the door. I got up tried one door then the other door and both handles just runed but door would'nt budge at all. Now he is outside yelling whats wrong, I'm inside trying to tell him the neither door will open.
No I'm fr4eakign out and he is also very concerned. He is locked outside and I'm locked inside our bedroom. I'm lookign at windows that are about to get knocked out with whatever I can use.

Odds of this happening in probably like weinnign lottery ticket if you reslly think about it. So he took door knob off bedroom door.Between the two of us we managed to open french door one inside other outside.

We built this house in 2005 so door knobs are nto that old ,but why both doors go out same time?

Last edited:
Are there any wierd smells, or slime around there?

Sounds like a haint problem.

Y'all need to install some special cameras.

Jim:ghostly:

No none of that 'thank goodness'. I'm telling you till it happens to you it is hard to imagine that not one but two doors that have laways been perfect decide to act the same exact wayat the same exact time is nothing ordinary.
Not much upsets hubby but this did.:ghostly:

It sounds like maybe your house settled and jammed the doors. That's the theory I would give my wife. Maybe an earthquake?
The night before last we had just gone to bed and we heard a huge bang against the side of the house. It happened 3 times and I got my light and gun and looked all over outside and nothing was out of place. No idea what it was.

It sounds like maybe your house settled and jammed the doors. That's the theory I would give my wife. Maybe an earthquake?
The night before last we had just gone to bed and we heard a huge bang against the side of the house. It happened 3 times and I got my light and gun and looked all over outside and nothing was out of place. No idea what it was.

A sink hole about to bury us alive was in the top ten of my frieghtful thoughts. They still have'nt found the house or the man in last major house eating sink hole here.

But thank goodnessit wasn't that. The dorrs opened easily once we got door knobs to open. It only lasted about 5 minutes but what a long 5 min.s. All other doors worked fine once he got inside and I got out of the bedroom.
Beleive me I opened every door ,window in the place.

:LOL: Nothing scares you worse than seeing the doorknob twisted back and forth and you yank the door open and there's nobody there.
...and you're a kid.

Had that happen to me when kids 'ages 6,7 and 8 and were living alone in bad hood. We were all in the same bed and the knobkept twisting, I was afraid whoever it was could hear my heart beating it was so loud.

one night here we were in living room and I got up to go out to smoke and my wonderful dog Alice RIP was 'forcefully' turning the knob at same time,that was very unnerving to say the least too. I screamed and scared hubby.

You all need to slow down. Breaking windows are expensive, door knobs are cheap. I got locked out once and my ex wanted me to break the glass as all our keys were inside.

I refused and she got mad until I picked up a short piece of 4x4 and beat the knob off the door. I then used my pocket knife to open the latch.

$15 dollar door knob was cheaper than a new window.

You all need to slow down. Breaking windows are expensive, door knobs are cheap. I got locked out once and my ex wanted me to break the glass as all our keys were inside.

I refused and she got mad until I picked up a short piece of 4x4 and beat the knob off the door. I then used my pocket knife to open the latch.

$15 dollar door knob was cheaper than a new window.

Good idea hope we don't have to remember it though. If so its back to the tents for me. We did it before and even if older we have experiance on our side.

Most Chrisitans forget that the Bible talks of two spirits not just the good one. Some of us are more prone to both sides of it. And not because we nvite them in either. I'll be minding my own business and here it comes another visit. Some are nto so bad and one I faced head on.

Warranty expired and you didn't purchase the extend warranty for $2.99 (per knob)?

No but maybe next time. Plus wehave lots of doors in this little house,I like doors and windows. Plus two french doors plus main door in front would het costly.

Did anyone consider these were also two different door knobs? One interior one exterior.One wirh dead bolt other no deadbolt.

I'm tellign you this was not normal event.:ghostly:

I could tell you things that have happened, that no one can believe. Only the people who were there know it happened, but if there had not been others there, none of us would believe what we experienced.

Some things are 100% not believable........yet they happen. Thankfully they very-very-very rarely happen.

I could tell you things that have happened, that no one can believe. Only the people who were there know it happened, but if there had not been others there, none of us would believe what we experienced.

Some things are 100% not believable........yet they happen. Thankfully they very-very-very rarely happen.

Well tell us anyway, soem will at least wonder and soem won't be so doubtful since many people have things happen they don't tell about becauseit so unusual.

Like the time I caught a halibut with a gaff hook?

When my son was around 5 I went in to tuck him into bed. As I was leaving I stopped and said what was that? He said what? I said never mind I just thought iI heard something in your closet. My wife said it was my fault he slept with us for a week.

That banging noise we heard is still a mystery. I was going to tell my wife that my Uncle, that died last week, had stopped in to check on his old house. Then I thought maybe I better not push my luck, she takes that sort of thing seriously.

Ever notice a small hole in the door knob?
If you stick something like a wire coat hanger in that hole. it releases the lock

1586727607306.png

This is how a voodoo Witch tol me how to get rid of Haints.
Take a rocking chair outside and position it looking east at midnight on a full moon
Put your left hand on the back of the chair and walk backwards around the chair 3 times turning the chair as you go.
When finished sit in the chair and rock 4 times then get up and walk backwards again in the opposite direction
sit back in the chair and yell GO GO GO
Then go back in the house leave the chair sitting there for 24 hours
The haints will leave at the end of the 24 hours
burn the chair

Ha ha @Meerkat , you laugh but it did happen. Like @Sourdough said true but unbelievable.
Ever notice a small hole in the door knob?
If you stick something like a wire coat hanger in that hole. it releases the lock

View attachment 39553

He didn't atick a thing inside the door knob,it kept turning back and forth on both sides like it was unlocked. Then it just opened after about maybe 5 minutes of us working on it from inside and outside.

This is how a voodoo Witch tol me how to get rid of Haints.
Take a rocking chair outside and position it looking east at midnight on a full moon
Put your left hand on the back of the chair and walk backwards around the chair 3 times turning the chair as you go.
When finished sit in the chair and rock 4 times then get up and walk backwards again in the opposite direction
sit back in the chair and yell GO GO GO
Then go back in the house leave the chair sitting there for 24 hours
The haints will leave at the end of the 24 hours
burn the chair

No thanks Frodo, last thing I need is more 'spirits' in the house. Plus don't have any extra chairs to burn.

Latest posts

Back