Any Woodstock alumni, here?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I hit 19/2...my number turned out to be in the 300's.
I wasn't gonna let them draft me and send my butt to Vietnam, so I enlisted. In the Army. Jan 2, 1968.
After one winter in Colorado, and looking at another one, I actually volunteered for Vietnam to get outta there!!

(And I'm glad i did. I got to experience war and became Brothers with men I still see today at our reunions)

I was only 14 when Woodstock occurred, but vividly remember spending the weekend at a buddy's house, shooting pool, while listening to the bands that were scheduled to play at the concert. I would have loved to been able to witness this.

The closest I got to something this size was the debut if the Beatles concert in 1964, when they began their US tour in Las Vegas. I still can't understand why all those older teenagers were sharing those smelly cigarettes from one person to another. :peace:

Can I be considered a Woodstock era Alumni? I remember it happening quite well, but it was way to far for me to travel. I watched and read everything about it. Seemed like it was the focal point of our lives for a long time.

Oh, and on a related note, I think the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" is totally bologna.
How is it that Joe Cocker hasn't been inducted? If there was ever a singer who engulfed himself into his music and had incredible talent... (BTW, he poured his soul out at Woodstock).

I also was 9. But for a large part really enjoy the music from back then. Janis and Hendrix was awesome. The folksy stuff not so much. Good time had by most who were there.
Watching some shows about it, how it came about, the guy that put it together, and all was very interesting

I went to a HS in Westchester County. Class of 1969. We had the ubiquitous senior prom...all went to Jones Beach...smokin', jokin'...and somebody mentioned, "There's this hippy this goin' on upstate". I'd say...with friends, family...our other nearby HS...200 of us all bivouacked in the same place...behind and up to the left of the stage...maybe 500 feet? One guy's family owned a big nursery so he brought star pickets and rolls of burlap. We made a sort of "home" enclosure. Our cars were in it...where we slept. Another guy's dad had a Dunkin' Donuts...so he had frozen like a zillion donuts. We all brought cans of tuna...like...1000 of them. For me...it started like this: Maria and Linda...the school hotties...looked a bit odd as I saw them from a distance. Odd...because their clothes were painted on. They asked if Iwanted to be pained. Okay...but...I had to swallow this blue sacharin tablet, first. I swallowed two.

I was in Alaska. By the time the news reached me the concert was over. The wife was around 13 and was furious with her mother for not allowing her to go spend a weekend with a bunch of stoned hippies.

Latest posts

Back