Anybody else but me feel a bit apprehensive tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife's always saying that a tax revolt (where we all stop paying taxes, esp. federal income) would bring the government to it's knees in no time. They can't arrest us all, but the problem is how to get everyone in at a level that would be true at. And right now I'm willing to bet 90+% of people pay their taxes through their employer, so many of us wouldn't have that option if we wanted to...

The only way the system changes, is if a huge amount of people have nothing to lose , which happens after the economy crashes and the $ become completely worthless.
To make that happen, you just stop paying taxes. To stop paying taxes you have to live on less and not make enough money for the government to take any. That's what we did. ( well that wasn't the main reason, but a side effect)
This is a homesteading forum, right? Homestead instead of work for an employer. Find some way to be self employed

But they won't leave you alone. they'll come wanting your food and guns and calling you racists for homeschooling or whatever.

The only way the system changes, is if a huge amount of people have nothing to lose , which happens after the economy crashes and the $ become completely worthless.
To make that happen, you just stop paying taxes. To stop paying taxes you have to live on less and not make enough money for the government to take any. That's what we did. ( well that wasn't the main reason, but a side effect)
This is a homesteading forum, right? Homestead instead of work for an employer. Find some way to be self employed
Well said! I'm getting closer to this, and hope it might not be too far away. Might need to telecommute to the day job for a while during the transition, but it would be doable.

Biggest thing that's held us back from this has been my beautiful wife's medical issues. For a while she was on a bunch of meds that cost about $2,500/mo until our deductible kicked in (and then about $750/mo because all of them aren't covered). She's been finding natural alternatives for many of them and we're down to about $400/mo which could be doable on a homestead w/part time work. Some things are happening that might complicate things a bit, but where there's a will, there's a way!

Well said! I'm getting closer to this, and hope it might not be too far away. Might need to telecommute to the day job for a while during the transition, but it would be doable.

Biggest thing that's held us back from this has been my beautiful wife's medical issues. For a while she was on a bunch of meds that cost about $2,500/mo until our deductible kicked in (and then about $750/mo because all of them aren't covered). She's been finding natural alternatives for many of them and we're down to about $400/mo which could be doable on a homestead w/part time work. Some things are happening that might complicate things a bit, but where there's a will, there's a way!

If you live in the right State, you get free healthcare/insurance. We do
See that is the thing many don't get. If you have no or very little income, you get just about everything for free. Why should I pay into the system if others only take out? We paid a TON of taxes for many years, and now I feel like they owe us
here is how you do it: sell your expensive city house, buy a CHEAP rural place ( trailer, hut, whatever you can afford and have some cash left over) . This place needs to be in a State that you get free medical and in a county with low property tax. It's not really that hard unless you have a ton of debt already. If you do I guess thats not really possible .

But they won't leave you alone. they'll come wanting your food and guns and calling you racists for homeschooling or whatever.

They can call me whatever they want. So far I have yet to even see any sort of government agency person here in our area except once a census taker was looking for some Amish that didn't fill out any forms....

one more thing, don't advertise who you are. Don't hang a snake or rebel flag on your property, don't have a NRA sticker on your vehicle etc. Appear poor , but hippie like and the government won't mess with you most likely

Latest posts

Back