Anyone Dealing With IBS?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone tdealing with IBS id like to hear what you have tried, what worked or didnt work.
thanks
Tepid water in a glass - maybe 1/3-1/2 c., mix in a big ol' spoon of baking soda. Stir it up and drink (I can never get it all down). That's okay. If you get about half down, within about 20 min. you'll begin feeling better. I had a friend who was in such a situation & did what I said. She was cursing me (it doesn't taste very good) until I asked how she was feeling - yea, better.

thanks for thoe ideas. i have some apple cider vinegar pills, ill give them a try for a few days. if i have to ill go the b king soda route, lol. the ginger and peppermint EO in water has been a good help and i take a probiotic and digestive enzymes. but still lingering.
i appreciate home remedies. always something terrific to learn.

I've had something like this (doctors are all just guessing) for a few years. Tried everything. Lactose diet, Gluten diet, Etc......Finally went on a regimen of 1-1/2 imodium tablets a day (with Drs approval). That pretty much fixed it.

well so far this is whats helped the best

the ACV in water to drink off and on all day
iu put the 50-50 mix of ginger and peppermint essential oil in my tea and drank 2-3 of my 24oz size thermos a day
stopped my beloved coffee
increased digestive enzymes
ate gruel

made a batch of white rice, diced carrots some diced chicken breast and a couple ckn bouillon cubes for flavor. ate that fgor a couple days and it really made the difference.

id say its about 95% or more gone now and almost back to normal.
in researchinbg more there was a warning about stress-naaaww--there aint nothing stressful going on, right? right?

thanks for all the good ideas and comments. you guys are terrific.

Last edited:
Back