Anyone ever make a leather flyswatter?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Here's the heart of it!
https://www.northerntool.com/produc...ffd24353c08b1e71759f27cfedb2ce3f&gclsrc=3p.dsTake a 4"X6" strip of scrap leather, and using a caliber cartridge casing slightly smaller than your fiberglass rod, pop a hole in it as shown insert the rod with the tape inside the folded portion of the leather and using hot melt, glue it in place, fold the leather over and clamp down between two wood scraps until it takes a permanent fold, add more hot melt, then stitch or rivet in place. finally, glue some paracord in place over the grip. makes a nice riding crop too!

Super smacker.png

I just buy the $1 flyswatters. I've never worn one out or broken one. I've lost one or two however. The very first fly swatter ever made - back in the early 1900's - is probably still working just fine, unless it's sitting in a museum somewhere.

Can I get the Mexican version? With the little dingleberries on it? PUH-LEEZ, tell me it's okay... :oops:

IMG_0064.JPG

P.S. No dingleberries on my Mexican sombrero, but it's nearly a yard wide!!! 🤣

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back