Anyone know of climbing arborist training in Maryland, VA, DE, PA?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattjans

Friend
Neighbor
One of the big homesteading skills I want to learn is tree climbing/trimming. I've googled around a little but haven't found any programs for some reason. Thought maybe someone on the list would have some leads. I did find the group below and their list of education resources, so will reach out to them too. I'd ask my arborist, but he's up in one of my trees right now.

http://www.mdarborist.com/content.asp?pl=18&contentid=18
Anyone know of schools in the area (northern MD is best) offering good climbing arborist training?

Thanks!

One of the community colleges in Virginia was offering classes for forestry degrees. Can’t remember which, will have to get back to you this evening. It was near Shenandoah National Park, west side of the mountains there.

I knew someone who had a couple books and the equipment to do this, in Colorado. He is now deceased, but I do know there are books out there to help you. There are probably some YouTube videos that can help as well.

Latest posts

Back