• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Anyone know someone with Covid-19 or has been exposed themselves?

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I think some have posted that they do know someone who currently has Covid-19, maybe family members?

One of my regular customers, whose dog I see 4 afternoons a week typically, and house sit for when they travel, is on day 9 of being told to stay home. She did not feel well, and did an online conference with her doctor. The challenge is that they did not do testing because of the shortage of test kits. One of the symptoms that some people get, I've been told, is the loss of ability to smell or taste. She has that. She is a hair dresser and has so much contact with people, it is no wonder that she got infected. All such operations are closed down in Colorado until the end of April.

So I backtracked to the last time I went to their house to pick up the dog. Twelve days ago! I feel fine.

Another one of my clients is a barber. I haven't been to her home for more than two weeks. Whew!

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My brother's step daughter has been exposed and they are waiting on testing.

Mom and Dad fired their doctor a couple of years ago. She was the second positive in my home town and her husband the first.

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have an employee who was experiencing symptoms and believed he was exposed while on duty during a medical call. He was placed into quarantine and then tested at his residence. Fortunately the test came back negative, but he still has to be off for a prescribed period of time as the person he was exposed to turned out positive for COVID-19. Just for reference; he was wearing a surgical mask and nitrile gloves when he made contact.

backlash

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
We just heard that my wife's brother has been exposed and is quarantined to home. No test has been administered so unless he gets sick we'll never know for sure.
My brother works with a guy that may have been exposed to a guy that may have been exposed at a basketball tournament. That's a stretch but that's the way this thing is working.
We haven't been around either of them for a couple of weeks and that is befor they might have been exposed.

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I don't know anyone with it, or know anyone who knows anyone with it. But I know lots of people who are affected by it, or should I say "affected by the response to it". Jobs in jeopardy, no income, massive stock losses, etc. My mom's independent senior living place is on total lockdown - no family members in or out.

As bad as it is, or we are told that it is, I'm starting to believe a bit like Trump is hinting - the cure might be worse than the disease. We need to take precautions, but total economic collapse might not be the best "precaution" to start out with.

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
One of the symptoms that some people get, I've been told, is the loss of ability to smell or taste.
Yep, that was added yesterday as well as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I don't know of anyone locally, and we have been very careful with the self quarantine. A neighbor's daughter has it, but she lives in New York, and it being treated. Otherwise we keep our fingers crossed. I think the first journey into the land of the contaminated will be a grocery and meds run Saturday.

RidgeRunner

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Here is an interactive map that allows you to look at every county in the country and the # of cases reported.

Latest posts

Group Builder