Quantcast

Anyone know someone with Covid-19 or has been exposed themselves?

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Ann

Friend
Neighbor
Last week I went to church for the first time since this mess started. I was appalled that I was one of only five or six wearing masks. Then on Thurs. this week I get an e-mail that church is cancelled because someone tested positive. On Friday an e-mail saying a second person is likely positive. I'm waiting for further announcements of others testing positive. I'm in no hurry to rejoin society and continue to stay home, shop no more than bi-weekly and always wear a mask and keep hand sanitizer in the car. BTW I keep the hand sanitizer in a small cooler with ice since I almost burned my hands.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I haven't checked this thread in a while... County wide they say there have been 82 positive tests. There has been no one hospitalized to my knowledge. My folks haven't left home since I brought dad home from the nursing home 05apr... escept for 3 doctors appointments and I took dad to the barbershop 2 weeks ago. Their health remains good for 2 people in their 80's. I do all their shopping, pickup prescriptions etc.

I haven't been tested but if I've been exposed I show no symptoms. I dose regularly with several antiviral tinctures... elderberry blooms, usnea, yellowroot, sida, poke and sweat leaf. They all have a wide array of medicinal properties other than being potent antivirals... Heck, when poke was tested it killed the aids virus in mice. So, either I still haven't been infected or plants are kicking arse.

ssonb

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Since I tested negative the four others who tested positive are now negative and we are positive that we are negative because we are positive that we have no symptoms that will be negative to our positive good health!
I am also positive that none of the false positives will be counted as negative in the total government positive shamdemic numbers. I am positive that this is a negative outlook in life.

Last edited:

RabbitsAreDelicious

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
A co-workers lover......best friends.....wife tested positive for it. (Serious)

I guess now its picking up steam in WI my brothers better half is a nurse and administered 6 tests a few days ago and 4 came back positive which she said was really uncommon up till now.

So no personal my family and I have been blessed and not sick but I have heard of others with it.

Not real concerned though.

viking

I know a lot of things, but master very few
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
When I went through congestive heart failure, I lost sense of smell, nothing had a taste to it and my appetite went away. As to Covid 19, what are the tests showing? The virus itself? Or are the tests needing the electron microscope to get the true results? We don't know of anyone with the Covid 19 virus and have heard that some of the tests are questionable, plus, as always it seems, money is involved.

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I had a follow up with my pulmanologist today after my illness over the winter. Lung capacity test has went from 42% to 72% to 88% 1st, 2nd visit, & today. He was pleased and wants me to come back in November for one more test to see how far I get. Staying on the Breo inhaler. He said he didn't want me to just come off it and have a relapse, neither do I. He did say I could cut back from every day to every other and see how it goes. Told me to watch the 2nd morning before taking it to see how that was going, basically 48 hours after taking a 24 hour medicine.
Once he was finished with his check up and a lot of questions, I asked if he thought it could have been the CV? Said he wasn't sure, but had several folks in his care that had similar symptoms and thought it possible that may have been an early wave of it. But couldn't explain why no one that was around me caught it. Still no answers.
But I am grateful and blessed beyond belief I have recovered as well as I have. Just gonna keep pushing and get back all I can. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and for letting me bitch about it for months. You are a wonderful group of folks I am blessed to know.

RabbitsAreDelicious

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I had a follow up with my pulmanologist today after my illness over the winter..../QUOTE]
That's interesting! A co-worker is positive he had this back in November/December. He said it was real hard to breath and when he went to the doctor they said it was walking pneumonia. He had to take time off work also.
Looking back is thinks it was this. Yet none of us at work caught it. Although he's a fork lift operator so no one spent much time close by.
I've heard other (unofficial) accounts of people online thinking it was in the USA months before they publically said it was.

Ann

Friend
Neighbor
Third person from church has tested positive. That's 3 out of around 40 who attended services. All are reportedly recovering. Knowing how social that family is I suspect we'll be hearing of further positive tests. Our county got through the first round of the virus with only 6 reported cases (lack of testing?) with 0 deaths and now suddenly we're over 70 with two deaths.

Duncan

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
My next-door (well, a quarter mile away but there's just a couple fields between us) neighbor tested positive and was symptomatic. He was 45 and in good shape and had seven kids all at home. He was a dentist in his regular job, but had closed his practice about three weeks before any symptoms happened, so he probably didn't get it from a patient. Anyway, he wasn't all that sick to where he was hospitalized, but spent 15 days in the barn until he figured the post-symptom incubation period had passed. That was almost a month ago and his wife and kids are fine. Kimberly is a small town (~3000 people) so not that many people are sick, but, being a small town, if someone gets sick, either you either know them or someone you know knows them. That kind of brings it home.

Dawn got a call (I think I mentioned this earlier) last week from one of her former colleagues at Banner Baywood hospital in Mesa AZ. Of the nurses that Dawn knew, three of them tested positive, became symptomatic, and one was hospitalized (but not put on a vent) where she was treated by her own colleagues. Dawn's friend said that the worst thing she saw was where the patients' families -- including a mother of a five-year-old -- saw their loved ones go into the hospital and couldn't visit them. In the case of the mother of the child, she admitted her child on a Monday and was called Thursday to be told that he had died. I can't imagine what was worse, a child sick, calling for his mommy, and dying alone -- or the mother knowing her child was sick and that she couldn't be there to hold his hand.

Needless to say, we seldom leave the homestead and when we do, we always wear a mask. At our age, our remaining years are important, and we don't want to end in a strange hospital bed with no one there to hold our hand!

Last edited:

goshengirl

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In the case of the mother of the child, she admitted her child on a Monday and was called Thursday to be told that he had died. I can't imagine what was worse, a child sick, calling for his mommy, and dying alone -- or the mother knowing her child was sick and that she couldn't be there to hold his hand.
Oh my gosh, that breaks my heart.

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Nobody I know has it, nobody I know has been exposed. I'm getting close to 70 and I am unafraid of this dread disease.:rolleyes:

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Nobody I know has it, nobody I know has been exposed. I'm getting close to 70 and I am unafraid of this dread disease.:rolleyes:
SARS had a 30% death rate.
There is still no vaccine for it. It's a corona-virus just like covid.
Where is it now?
Isn't it going to kill a third of us?
No.
People never look into the "why not".

WVDragonlady

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
2 men in hubby's department at the hospital tested positive for it. I only ever met one. He was the one that died as he was in his 70's and they vented him. The other apparently self quarantined for 2 weeks or until he tested negative. Thats it as far I know.
Hubby and I think we had it back in Nov '19'. Felt exhausted,had a "chest cold" like bronchitis, hacking cough and hubby had a little more trouble breathing than I did. Took us 2-3 weeks to get over the chest cold part but we felt tired for a month afterwards.

I was checking my state's covid-19 website they have set up and we're doing pretty good I think. The magic number is to stay below 2% and we've been doing that for months now and everything is almost all opened now. A bunch of people from different counties went to Myrtle Beach and came back positive for it so that made it spike slightly
Here are the stats for the whole state
FireShot Capture 072 - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - dhhr.wv.gov.png

And here is the stats for my county. We're considered a hot spot
FireShot Capture 071 - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - dhhr.wv.gov.png

WV is testing like crazy. They set up free test sights at schools in different counties every week. Used to be if you felt sick you called your doc and then they sent an electronic order for you to get tested. Now you can get it for free

Duncan

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
2 men in hubby's department at the hospital tested positive for it. I only ever met one. He was the one that died as he was in his 70's and they vented him. The other apparently self quarantined for 2 weeks or until he tested negative. Thats it as far I know.
Hubby and I think we had it back in Nov '19'. Felt exhausted,had a "chest cold" like bronchitis, hacking cough and hubby had a little more trouble breathing than I did. Took us 2-3 weeks to get over the chest cold part but we felt tired for a month afterwards.

I was checking my state's covid-19 website they have set up and we're doing pretty good I think. The magic number is to stay below 2% and we've been doing that for months now and everything is almost all opened now. A bunch of people from different counties went to Myrtle Beach and came back positive for it so that made it spike slightly
Here are the stats for the whole state
View attachment 45748

And here is the stats for my county. We're considered a hot spot
View attachment 45749
Where is it now?
No.
I'm guessing SARS isn't quite as infectious as COVID-19 seems to be.

WV is testing like crazy. They set up free test sights at schools in different counties every week. Used to be if you felt sick you called your doc and then they sent an electronic order for you to get tested. Now you can get it for free
Where is it now?
No.
I'm guessing SARS isn't as infectious as COVID-19 is.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Talked to cousin on phone last night, her brother 22 year old step daughter has it.
She felt sick last week for a couple days, then she couldn't move felt paralized, went to local ER sent her to Emory Hospital in Alanta tested positive, they did a complete blood tranfusion, resperater and induced coma, they don't know if she will make it. She was a very healthy happy girl. I've never met her but her step father is one of my favorite first cousins.
Never heard of it paralizing people till last night. It is very unreal for so many to hang in crowds yet only a certain ones get infected. We hope and pray this youngwoamn makes it.

zannej

Procrastinator
Neighbor
So, my best friend tested negative but still had to stay home for 3 weeks to quarantine just in case. He went back to work for about a week & was abruptly sent home early. Turns out 2 of his co-workers tested positive & were sick & he'd been exposed again. This time he's actually sick but after a few days of waiting for more tests to come in, he finally got tested & it said negative. His employer said he wanted him to come back to work & he didn't want to but now the whole place has shut down again. They weren't taking proper precautions so people were getting sick in droves. An employee in HR who had symptoms still went to work & exposed another friend of mine, who is now quarantined. She apparently also infected other employees.

Found out that a late friend's son is currently very sick with the mild version of Covid. Talked to his sister who said her brother described it as the worst illness he's ever had. Coughing up blood, sneezing up blood, head, chest, body hurts. Says he feels like he got hit by a truck. He had to miss out on the closeout sale of his late father's furniture store. Even when it's not killing people, it's still miserable.

I was in line at the pharmacy the other day and more people were taking things seriously & wearing masks- except some old broad who was already at the counter. She had no mask on & she coughed directly on her hand and then touched the counter in multiple places while leaning on the counter with her hands (I don't think she even realized it). I told the employees & they said "Oh, we sanitize the counter every hour". I asked her to please sanitize that counter asap so no one with compromised immune system touched it. Don't care if it was a cold or flu or Covid. I made sure not to touch the counters while I picked up scrips.

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Our #2 son woke with a mild fever and sore throat. His boss told him to get tested. Test came back positive. Son quarantined himself in their master bedroom. Within the day his fever broke and by the next day sore throat was gone. Five days after the Son's fever his wife had a 100 degree fever for a few hours. They believe it was unrelated to the China Flu and she didn't get tested.

Four members of our church congregation. Church has been closed for close to three months so they didn't get it there. Two of the four lived in a retirement center that has be closed down as long as our church and have recovered with no lasting health problems. Third died (he was a high risk) and the fourth is recovering at home.

backlash

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My wife's nephew and his wife were both confirmed with the virus. They both recovered but he spent time in ICU because his diabetes got out of control. They both are pretty sure they have it again. It's been over a month since they were sick and now they have all the symptoms again.
I hope they don't because my son worked with the nephew and my son was over helping me the weekend before last.