- Architect Question

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, in a tiny house, I would surface mount all the plumbing to make it easy to work with/modify/expand.

For style points, use copper.

Again, this is what I did so obviously biased.

we think alike...i am going to surface mount the electric as well. i am going to hang it all under the floor like in industrial setting with pipe hangers too.

i think its dumb to build a wall to code and then drill holes in it for wiring and plumbing...its like giant termites to be honest. a 2x4 with holes drilled in it..really !...lol...i dont know what walls will be but 2x6 minimum for me.

Try attending an RV show to get an idea what some of the available designs are like for more inspiration.

You also may want to look at used RVs. I have been told the average time of RV ownership is 3 years. An older 5th wheel that is barely road worthy could be a viable option.

My son found an old modular home that was in such bad shape he got it for free provided he pay to move it. The family teamed and fixed all of the problems and he has been in that place for more than 12 years.
Ben
Good idea, RV Show! I just hit google for local events of RV Show and I already missed it. There's one event Jan 17 - 20 And I missed it Go figure. I don't see anytime come up down few months

After little more google and on RV show, I just found one come up on Feb 28 - March 1

Latest posts

Back