Are you an affiliate or make products at home

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering how many here... make small items that are sold via the internet?

My Son (if that 'counts'..) used to have an 'Etsy shop' for selling his 100% Handmade 'wire wraps', and hand-carved wood plates / 'scoops' and spoons, a la:

CJewlry.jpg
15724882_1606158982744212_8907069790997644381_o.jpg
Spoons-n-Plates.jpg
:cool:

..Guess will 'wait for reply' as to the 'purpose' of the thread, to comment further.. 🤔 :)

jd

I'm a fledgling Youtuber...just started building the channel. Not sure if that counts as an "affiliate".
Can you tell us what your subject matter is??
Sawmill, gardening, water collection, honey bees?

You tube channels are great and can share a lot of info. You gotta have some serious view time and followers to make money. Altho a guy who hijacked some of my wifes stuff got 430,000 views in a month or so but he is constantly posting and travels the world.
We have some you tube videos and a patreon account up as well but aren't focusing too hard on those. Got our teenager we raised to put together his first you tube so that is a plus on many levels. Check them out, we have some nice rock shelters available for temp housing, just check for bears first.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd...YhQpN8dE_HEYIdB_AgiFfdvrFeye9Nw8EZ2yWhssacUYU

Last year I started up my Tshirt and decal business again. Mostly selling at the local farmers market. I also started a YouTube channel but due to lack of support from family, mainly no one wanted to help film or help me with computer issues during editing I only got 4 videos made even though I have a couple others stuck on my iPhone that I can't download to my laptop.
Anyways, in a week or two I will meet up with my accountant again to discuss this business venture, specifically about tax write offs and buying things to use for the videos and linking the Tshirt and video efforts into one combined business. I know I will need to invest in a good GoPro and related equipment, but if I do homesteading how-to's for YouTube I can write off equipment and supplies used for that business venture. I have several homesteading ideas that I did in the past that will be good how-to videos and many other projects around here that can be made into videos as well.
I have a plan to donate an older car to a local charity but hopefully by joining up with 2 or 3 very successful local-ish YouTubers to get the old/weathered car like new again so whatever charity can sell it or do some sort of online raffle to raise cash for themselves. It's an idea I hope to see to fruition, and I think/hope the other YouTubers would like the idea and that would bring more attention to my start up channel. One can dream, right?

Can you tell us what your subject matter is??
Sawmill, gardening, water collection, honey bees?
I suppose that would be the important part. We're documenting our journey of building our rural home...as well as an assorted collection of HowTo type videos...hope to monetize the ol' HoneyDo lists right? Just started recently, hence the fledgling part. Not easy to get the initial subscribers needed for monetization.

I suppose that would be the important part. We're documenting our journey of building our rural home...as well as an assorted collection of HowTo type videos...hope to monetize the ol' HoneyDo lists right? Just started recently, hence the fledgling part. Not easy to get the initial subscribers needed for monetization.
Get it going, post your videos, make them just enough informative to make them useful for others, and include a bit of humor.
Then after several months of regular video uploads reach out to more popular YouTubers in your area and figure out a collaboration where you work together on a project. That will help bring more viewers to each of you.

My wife has been reasearching and exploring megaliths for 10 years in our area of montana. www.montanamegaliths.com
We have done a few guided tours on private land but in order to do them on forest service land we needed a guide permit from the forest service. After four years we finally got that. We also had to get two million worth of liability insurance protecting the forest service.
So we wanted to do a book to sell but the price for photo books skyrocketed from covid so we have a local print shop printing up two different spiral bound photo books. They helped with layout (for a price) and can print more in less than a week right here localy.. I put up a merchandise page on one of her existing web sites which used square for sales and lo and behold we are starting to get some orders. The customer uses their credit card and we get a printout of their name. address and phone number..and we are notified when the money is in our account.
We are booking tours for the summer and my wife has done several phycic/alternative fairs and speaking engagements which generates interest and customers.
At any given time she has about 10K friends and followers on you tube but the numbers vary and don't make sense. She gets 41 new friends and her total will go down 40. Other times she can't respond to people and also a thing called shadow banning. So we are focusing on things that don't involve you tube as a main money maker. Our patreon account is slowly building but is not much yet..
We also are focusing on other group leaders looking for an experience for their people. It makes it nice if someone brings 10-15 people out for a three day tour that they pay $100 a day per person for.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpipestone wall.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpipestone wall.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 0
My wife's problem is that she is very conservative in what she wears (nothing bright or loud or eye catching). And she almost always makes jewelry that she would wear. That is not the kind of thing that most people would buy. Oh Well, as long as she has fun I'm happy.

Latest posts

Back