Are you one of these six types?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
long ago, I knew my weak point was performing effectively in stressfull situations. I challenged myself to overcome my weak points ..fought wildland fires as volunteer and paid, medical stuff scarred the crap outta me..after some time of doing calls..upped my stressors to take on ARC instructor ...taught it for a few years twice a month then took Basic EMT class..nailed it...
volunteered 14 years on a SAR team in order to put myself in stressfull (but exciting) situations to beat it in my head that stress is or can be my life line to perform at my best in crappy conditions.
I guess it was a gift to myself to acknowledge and train myself to take it on..
I know who and what I can be regardless of anything past...and it think it has built a series of stepping stone of life markers I can confidently rely upon if our world gets squirrely.
building confidence in skills now while it is first world status is a epic opportunity to increase odds of our surivial when SHTF..
people in Venesulaia (spell?) right now might be wishing they took that emt class or started gardening years ago...6 days now with no power.. in the whole country...fragile people dependant on power are dying or dead by now..
yikes...

I love "experts" of everything. They make people feel so good about themselves on a daily basis. I've got news for all the "experts". YOU'RE gonna die too......some day lmao

While I do think indecisive is not necessarily a good thing, I don't agree with the context in which they used it in. There are very few incidences in which I wold pack up and leave. However, I have given a lot of thought to those situations in which it would be necessary. Some situations I am not certain about even after giving it lots of thought. For example, what if Yellowstone erupted? I still don't know what I would do. I am east of it which is not good. However, if Yellowstone goes, I don't know where a safe place would be, and I likely wouldn't be able to get there in time anyways. If I'm going to die in that event, I would want to die at home. I guess that's the sentimental part of me. Still, I think I'd last longer at home than I would out on the road. I'm thinking the roads would likely be loaded with people and nobody would get anywhere anyways. Sometimes it just comes down to choosing where you want to die.:oops:

I don't fit in any of those categories but there is are categories that can fit those and still survive.
There will be people who simply NEED to survive and the lucky few. Chance always plays a role in our lives.
People who simply don't give up. They were too stupid to prepare but their determination powers them through the challenges.
The lucky ones. People who just happen to be in the right place at the right time and fall into situations that serve them well.
These two groups, and probably others will survive as well or better than those of us who plan and prepare.

Yep! keep it up man; sooner or later the decision will be made for you. :)

I don't fit in any of those categories but there is are categories that can fit those and still survive.
There will be people who simply NEED to survive and the lucky few. Chance always plays a role in our lives.
People who simply don't give up. They were too stupid to prepare but their determination powers them through the challenges.
The lucky ones. People who just happen to be in the right place at the right time and fall into situations that serve them well.
These two groups, and probably others will survive as well or better than those of us who plan and prepare.
Yes, yes, yes!
Some people have NO luck while others seem to have ALL the luck!

Latest posts

Back