Auto Parts And Accessories

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I was talking to hubby yesterday about spare auto parts that will probably soon be low in stock like everythign else. Maybe buy a extra fan belt, sparks plu, freon,etc..
They I listening to talk radio and this comes up about a place that is suppose to have them all.
Anyone else have a place to tell us about?
RockAuto

whoops thread title that look like its in chinese,sorry .I can't fix it.
I put in a request to have it fixed. Actually, it starts out by having to "Report" your post. I find that to sound negative, but it is the way to ask to have something fixed. Maybe others do it as well, but when I see spelling errors, I report and request a change.

For my vehicles... I've always kept (at least) 1 extra change of fluids and filters, plugs, plug wires, belts. Years ago it seemed the autopart stores were always closed when I got time or felt like changing my oil etc.

It made sense to have a change of everything on hand to use at my discretion. It'll all fit in a milk crate or a box, why not keep it all on hand? Especially if you plan to keep the vehicle...

I don't use Rock Auto but I've heard that trying to return something is nearly impossible. Shouldn't ever have to return the items you're talking about here but just wanted to throw that out.

I use Advance Auto Parts. Second choice is AutoZone, third is NAPA.
I use Advance for several reasons, including: A) They'll host car washes and such for the local schools, B) they do a lot of other donations to local charities, C) They'll loan out (free of charge) specialty tools to us, D) They're super helpful in the store if/as you need assistance and E) I've never had a problem with a return although there may be limitations which they state up-front on automotive electrical/electronic components.

I use Advance Auto Parts. Second choice is AutoZone, third is NAPA.
I use Advance for several reasons, including: A) They'll host car washes and such for the local schools, B) they do a lot of other donations to local charities, C) They'll loan out (free of charge) specialty tools to us, D) They're super helpful in the store if/as you need assistance and E) I've never had a problem with a return although there may be limitations which they state up-front on automotive electrical/electronic components.

We use the exact same 3 auto parts stores and like you have good luck with them.

The napa's here are higher priced than the other stores also. But... They usually have a lot of OEM parts in stock, especially for GM and Chevy vehicles. The cheap stores almost never have OEM parts in stock. In general, napa parts are a notch above in quality, even tools/odds an ends I might need. So, depends on what I need whether cheap will do or if I want quality.

The napa's here are higher priced than the other stores also. But... They usually have a lot of OEM parts in stock, especially for GM and Chevy vehicles. The cheap stores almost never have OEM parts in stock. In general, napa parts are a notch above in quality, even tools/odds an ends I might need. So, depends on what I need whether cheap will do or if I want quality.

Peanut that is the dame with us, usually Napa pats are better quiality but a fuel pump for the bus 7.3 we got at Napa stranded us .Hubby kept trying to fix it thinking it could'nt be the pump it was new. We went O Reileys got pump put it on and ran till we sold it. But usually Nap has good parts.We just got a serpintene belt from Napa for van.We liek to do business local with him and his wife nice people. He is retired Navy.

Unfortunately most modern vehicles 2010 and up some earlier, unless you have the tools and experience even changing an accessory belt is something that you had better let a trusted mechanic do, I have been repairing the repairs more here lately, even an improper oil change can kill an engine.....Been doin this fer over 40 years

Unfortunately most modern vehicles 2010 and up some earlier, unless you have the tools and experience even changing an accessory belt is something that you had better let a trusted mechanic do, I have been repairing the repairs more here lately, even an improper oil change can kill an engine.....Been doin this fer over 40 years

Van kept tearing up belt for AC,Alternator. Yold owner at local Napa Parts store he looked and was not even a 1/4 inch off barely visable, hubby fixed it.
Last mechanic we had was 20 yr ago rung off a spark plug in the head. Hubby had to drill it out.There are soem good ones out there but also some that find 10 more things wrong like dlushing radiator, man said 16 years we needed water pump, radiator ,etc. Hubby took it home flushed it out an still using that same radiator and water pump today.
He said it is easier to fix it himslef than to fix what somebody else messed up.It takes him awhile on some jobs but he gets it done and son or son in law will coem down and help with hevy lifting on really hard jobs.

Latest posts

Back