Avacados in the Piedmont

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Just your average ninja
Neighbor
It's a risky move. But I feel like I could do it. I started out with 2 avacado pits. About 4 weeks ago.

The first is growing nice long roots, though nothing has sprouted off the top. The second...has a little ball down there but no roots. Plan is to plant them next year, they will be bucket bound till then, spending the winter in the house. When we put up our privacy fence I'd like to plant these in the little area that would be west of the house and north of the tall fence. Should make a cozy little protected area. And when still young I could build a make shift green house.
IMG_20180116_075253.jpg
IMG_20180116_075320.jpg

We have a piedmont in NC ...

Not sure if that is the one ???

The Piedmont-Triad (or simply the Triad) is a north-central region of the U.S. state of North Carolina that consists of the area within and surrounding the three major cities of Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and High Point. This close group or "triad" of cities lies in the Piedmont geographical region of the United States and forms the basis of the Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point CSA. The area of the triad is approximately 5,954 square miles.[citation needed] The metropolitan area is connected by Interstates 40, 85, 73, and 74 and is served by the Piedmont Triad International Airport. Long known as one of the primary manufacturing and transportation hubs of the southeastern United States, the Triad is also an important educational and cultural region and occupies a prominent place in the history of the American Civil Rights Movement. The Triad is not to be confused with the "Triangle" region (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill), directly to the east. As of 2012, the Piedmont Triad has an estimated population of 1,611,243 making it the 33rd largest CSA metropolitan area in

The Piedmont runs from NY/NJ to Alabama and is an elevated area between the coastal plains of the east coast and the Appalachian Mountains. Moving from the Atlantic coast westward, the Piedmont begins at the fall line - the "line" where non-navigable waterfalls begin as you make your way upstream from the Atlantic - and ends on the west at one of the ranges of the Appalachians.

Sorry... I learn right along with my kids over the years, and we covered the Piedmont in Geography. :oops:

Interestingly, a number of older cities are along the fall line. As settlement moved inland from the coast, towns sprang up at the falls because 1) they couldn't travel upstream any further, and 2) the falls could be utilized for mills.

Okay, I'll stop now...

Latest posts

Back