Avocado Mayonnaise....health wise anything superior about it..??

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Is there anything that makes this healthier or worse choice in a Mayonnaise......??

I mix dukes with crushed avocado before.
I am not sure what you are asking.
I took an avocado to work & eat it out of the shell.
A guy at the table could not believe I was eating it.
I got the feeling that he thought it was chick food or something.
I like avocados.

I guess ,Sourdough, the avocado oil the mayo is made with is supposed to be healthier than the vegetable oil regular mayo has in it! It's still oil, salt, eggs, etc.! For the record, I love avocado and mayonaise sandwiches, especially with bacon! Maybe the avocado will offset the bacon and mayo!😃

I mix dukes with crushed avocado before.
I am not sure what you are asking.
I took an avocado to work & eat it out of the shell.
A guy at the table could not believe I was eating it.
I got the feeling that he thought it was chick food or something.
I like avocados.
Sometimes I eat avocados like that as well, right out of the shell, with a little salt. So good! But there are several other ways that are excellent to eat avocados. My lettuce salads often have avocado in them, along other things, including bacon pieces. A woman I know from working in the inner city once said she tasted avocado for the first time and it would be her last time. My thought was that she was just being dramatic, or attention seeking, because an avocado is one of the best things to eat, imho, and there is no strong taste such as Brussel sprouts have. Avocados have great nutrition.

I have seen avocado mayonnaise and I ate some more than a decade ago. It was creamy and delicious, but kind of a pain for me to mix my own at work.

I prefer avocado mayo taste-wise (probably more psychological than actual taste difference), but I am not aware of any health benefits. It's just mayo - a basically unhealthy food to begin with. It's kind of like asking, which is healthier? Captain Crunch, or Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries?

Damn. now I have to come up with something to make an avocado edible.
The dip I made out of eggplant was edible but not something you'd serve twice. if anybody cares:
1 cup of boiled eggplant puree.
1/4 cup of onion.
3 pureed jalapeno peppers.
1/2 tablespoon of cracked black pepper.
1/4 cup of crumbled bacon.
1 tub of sour cream.
Something else... I'm thinking a splash of tequila or clam juice?

Serve it up with chili spiked tostadas to a room full of drunk WWF fans too drunk to care as long as it goes on a chip.

now I have to come up with something to make an avocado edible.
A bit of course ground Kosher salt sprinkled on top is all I need. I can do without, but adding it brings out the flavor IMHO.

I have found that different salts taste different. The old iodized Morton's that we all probably grew up with is quite blah. Sea salt and Himalayan rock salt are a big step up from that (fresh ground coarse). For the pre-ground salts, coarse ground Kosher is really good - probably my favorite for cooking. The sea and Himalayan are better for adding at the table if the food requires additional salt.

Now I'm a fan of Himalayan salt in mixed drinks, I can't find it or Kosher since the outbreak though.

Hmm. Kosher salt+citrus+chili on an avocado. this could happen!

Wait...did I just re invent guacamole?

Let's see.
Tequila, a bit of hot sauce, some worchestershire and clam juice. (EVEN SPELL CHECK CAN'T SPELL IT!) And a bit of spicy V8 juice and a beer.
this could happen too! an avocado clamato!

Damn. now I have to come up with something to make an avocado edible.
The dip I made out of eggplant was edible but not something you'd serve twice. if anybody cares:
1 cup of boiled eggplant puree.
1/4 cup of onion.
3 pureed jalapeno peppers.
1/2 tablespoon of cracked black pepper.
1/4 cup of crumbled bacon.
1 tub of sour cream.
Something else... I'm thinking a splash of tequila or clam juice?

Serve it up with chili spiked tostadas to a room full of drunk WWF fans too drunk to care as long as it goes on a chip.
Magus, if you are ever forced at gunpoint to make that recipe again.
Roast the eggplant instead of boiling it.
https://www.culinaryhill.com/roasted-eggplant-dip/

No worries fellow alcoholics, a trip to Wally world is coming, they have it! ;)

Latest posts

Back