Avoiding the Flu

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This Is How to Avoid the Flu While Flying
March 20, 2018/by News Editor

By AP. Worried about catching a cold or the flu on an airplane? Get a window seat, and don’t leave it until the flight is over.

That’s what some experts have been saying for years, and it’s perhaps the best advice coming out of a new attempt to determine the risks of catching germs on an airplane.

It turns out there’s been little research on the risks of catching a cold or flu during air travel. Some experts believed that sitting in a window seat would keep a passenger away from infectious people who may be on the aisle or moving around. (Read more from “This Is How to Avoid the Flu While Flying” HERE)

How to Avoid the Flu While Flying

By ABC News. 1. Wipe down communal surfaces such as tray tables and armrests

Dr. Nicholas Testa said that you should be wary of the communal hard surfaces on airplanes, such as tray tables or armrests. . .

2. Turn on your air vent . . .

3. Let other passengers board first

It is not just aboard airplanes that travelers should be cautious of flu germs. Thousands of passengers also pass through major airports across the country every day, standing close together in tightly packed lines.

4. Dress like this (aka the Sentry18 plan):

4a6de8dfb4712c90a12fda35eb564840.jpg

I only fly if there is no other reasonable alternative. Had my fill of airports, airplanes and the associated nonsense years ago when the company paid me to travel.

I have to agree with Dademoss. I travel alone or just with wife. Public transportation is just a breeding ground for all things bad.

That seems accurately gross and disgusting, @tiffanysgallery
I have had a few times of catching short-lived viruses over the past year but have not gotten full blown sick in a few years, like with high fever, aching body, headaches, intestinal, vomiting, shivers, etc.
I haven't flown in 3 years.

We heard a lot about the recent flu season, maybe because it essentially happened everywhere at once. I can't image flying while other people nearby are sick, I'd rather stay home, if at all possible.

That seems accurately gross and disgusting, @tiffanysgallery
Thank you. I did my best at explaining how I feel, Lol. ;)

Glad you weren't full blown sick, it can be so dangerous to one's life.
HT forum lost a member to the recent flu, he was one of my favorite. :(

There may be a new way to pack passengers into airplanes like sardines.
Will future airline passengers fly Standing Up Or Sleep In The Baggage Compartment?
The Skyrider 2.0, engineered by Italian aerospace interior design company...
Wonder how far a sneeze goes?
960x0.jpg

Just one more reason I don't fly anymore. Crowded seating, sick people and no guns on board. By the time you figure the the flight time, lay over time, pre-boarding time and luggage retrieval time, you can drive there in many cases.

Latest posts

Back