B.O.V.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep - $92K and you have to do half the building at home.

They need to be bought out by a bigger outfit that can get them mass produced and cheaper.

I notice they are staying low.......their website mentions a ballistic deploy parachute. That would mean a stake gun being used to pull the parachute out and extend it like in a 0/0 ejection seat (0 height 0 speed).

But even those need to get the ejectee a few hundred feet up to get the parachute working before you impact the ground......so I wonder how their parachute system works.

They may be staying low because there is a death altitude (a range of height that is unsurvivable without the parachute and not high enough for the parachute to save you).

Last edited:
It’s pretty cool. Nice that it has a swappable battery, but it’s only 15 minutes of flight time with a 187 lb. pilot. I would probably get 10 minutes. 😉

5CDD82D4-1FE1-4481-BC45-42E0FE697602.jpeg

At 100 mph 15 minutes will get you 25 miles.
In a car you would be lucky to get 3 miles.

At 100 mph 15 minutes will get you 25 miles.
In a car you would be lucky to get 3 miles.
Interesting concept. If you had charged batteries every 12 minute apart, and a fast method of changing them, you could go quite a ways quickly.

I noticed no cargo listed... Heck if I were in the pilot's seat I would never get off the ground. I think if they doubled the size of the motors and extended the propellers, and trippled the size of the battery they could sell it as an XL version....

Interesting concept. If you had charged batteries every 12 minute apart, and a fast method of changing them, you could go quite a ways quickly.
Put your creative hats on gang.

What seems to be missed with cars, trucks, etc. designs is the interchangeably of batteries in flash lights ... Dewalt electric tools.

What is lacking is the idea that batteries in larger formats can be swapped out in a short period of time and be on tour way.

So driving cross country in your electric vehicle and the charge is getting low. Pull into a service station pull out the discharged battery swap in a charged battery and we get credit for the charge left in the spent battery. On the road again in a minute or three.

The industry needs a standard for car and truck replaceable batteries.

If one digs into the battery settings on a modern laptop, we can see the charge state, recharge rate, temp etc. All of that technology can scale easily.

The automotive industry had already accepted standards about how a fuel pump interfaces with a gas fill tube for leaded unleaded and diesel.

Sure we need a handling system since the batteries are heavy. We can work that out. Department of Transportation, with n assist from DARPA... Maybe letting NASCAR include electric vehicles...

What do YOU think?

Share tour thoughts. We can fix this.

I'll write a letter to Elon to report our ideas.

Ben

Why does it have 2 automobile side view mirrors? Blind spot issues? The blind spots would be below and above also. (0:48 mark)
My first guess is to keep an eye on the rear rotors in close quarters.

Put your creative hats on gang.

What seems to be missed with cars, trucks, etc. designs is the interchangeably of batteries in flash lights ... Dewalt electric tools.

What is lacking is the idea that batteries in larger formats can be swapped out in a short period of time and be on tour way.

So driving cross country in your electric vehicle and the charge is getting low. Pull into a service station pull out the discharged battery swap in a charged battery and we get credit for the charge left in the spent battery. On the road again in a minute or three.

The industry needs a standard for car and truck replaceable batteries.

If one digs into the battery settings on a modern laptop, we can see the charge state, recharge rate, temp etc. All of that technology can scale easily.

The automotive industry had already accepted standards about how a fuel pump interfaces with a gas fill tube for leaded unleaded and diesel.

Sure we need a handling system since the batteries are heavy. We can work that out. Department of Transportation, with n assist from DARPA... Maybe letting NASCAR include electric vehicles...

What do YOU think?

Share tour thoughts. We can fix this.

I'll write a letter to Elon to report our ideas.

Ben

If you want true interchangeability you will need more than a standard interface. Right now it is a lot of work to get to the battery on an electric car. It is a good four hour job. Then you have to remember the batter has a reduction in charge life as it ages. Do you really want to ghange your brand new battery for one that is five years old?
The size and shape, the connections and the mounting points would all have to be the same on every electric car. I don't see that happening. The charging connections are finally getting close to universal but they aren't there yet.

If you want true interchangeability you will need more than a standard interface. Right now it is a lot of work to get to the battery on an electric car. It is a good four hour job. Then you have to remember the batter has a reduction in charge life as it ages. Do you really want to ghange your brand new battery for one that is five years old?
The size and shape, the connections and the mounting points would all have to be the same on every electric car. I don't see that happening. The charging connections are finally getting close to universal but they aren't there yet.

The swap out time can reduced with the proper design. It only takes seconds to swap batteries for my Dewalt power tool. Large ZIF (zero insertion force) connectors could be used to handle the large currents. IEEE and ASME can work out the standards.

When I get a refill of propane I exchange for the bottle with the deposit i paid for my first bottle. The one i get may be 10 years old or brand new. When they are filled they are checked for issues.

Smart car batteries can be handled in a similar manner. Old batteries can be taken out circulation and replaced with new ones. The Federal Reserve takes old bills out of circulation burns/shreds them and replaces them with new bills.

Sea story time!

About 40 years ago I was a field service technician with Diebold fixing alarm systems and cash machines. The Federal Reserve bank was one of my customers and was on good terms with the guards.

At the same time my father would quip when asked what he wanted as a gift "a shoe box full of money".

Can you guess where this story is going yet

I talked the guards into letting me fill a small garbage bag with the shredded bills that were going to be incinerator. (Technically a federal offense but the guards are now gone) Filled a shoe box, wrapped it up and handed it to my father saying "you said you wanted a shoe box full of money".

He enjoyed it and being a jigsaw wizard tried to put the shreds together.

Back on topic...

The first we see a Tesla win a NASCAR race the world will get in line for the quick change battery in 5heir cars.

Ben

You won't see an electric vehicle until the car can do the full 500 miles on a single battery.
Even Tesla's fast change battery takes as much time to change as it takes to run the race.
On top of the time to change the battery pack has to have a lot more power to run three hours at 200 mph. Not going to happen soon.

You won't see an electric vehicle until the car can do the full 500 miles on a single battery.
Even Tesla's fast change battery takes as much time to change as it takes to run the race.
On top of the time to change the battery pack has to have a lot more power to run three hours at 200 mph. Not going to happen soon.
Unless you can swap out a battery in seconds.

Ben

I disagree.

Lol

Awwww....

I was expecting him to recharge the Tesla with the generator.

Ben

Latest posts

Back