Bandanas as a prep item

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do know that some kinds of hats can be stretched a little, using some steam and heat.
I used to shape felt cowboy hats as a hobby, for my buddies. Sizing them up is difficult. Most western stores have a little apparatus that can stretch hats and make them a little bigger. I'm not sure how effective that is though...

I used to shape felt cowboy hats as a hobby, for my buddies. Sizing them up is difficult. Most western stores have a little apparatus that can stretch hats and make them a little bigger. I'm not sure how effective that is though...
I've seen it done. They really can't make them much bigger. I'd bet if a person went to the Stock Show, currently going on in Denver, you could see it being done.

I used to shape felt cowboy hat as a hobby, for my buddies. Sizing them up is difficult. Most western stores have a little apparatus that can stretch hats and make them a little bigger. I'm not sure how effective that is though...
My grandfather worked for a hatter when he was young. He put the boss' hat on the hat stretcher in the morning one day. Every time he walked by the hat stretcher he'd tighten the screw 1/4 to 1/8 a turn. Near the end of the day he hung the hat back up where the boss usually kept it. At the end of the day, when the boss went to leave, the hat fell down around his ears. Decades later Grandpa laughed every time he told that story.

Latest posts

Back