Be Like Greta

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyatt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
1657311277716.png

"After our daughter of fifteen years of age was moved to tears by the speech of Greta Thunberg at the UN the other day, she became angry with our generation “who had been doing nothing for thirty years,” "How could you!!?"

So, we decided to help her prevent what the girl on TV announced of “massive eradication and the disappearance of entire ecosystems.”
We are now committed to give our daughter a future again, by doing our part to help cool the planet four degrees.

From now on she will go to school on a bicycle, because driving her by car costs fuel, and fuel puts emissions into the atmosphere. Of course, it will be winter soon and then she will want to go by bus, but only as long as it is a diesel bus.

Somehow, that does not seem to be conducive to ‘helping the Climate’.

Of course, she is now asking for an electric bicycle, but we have shown her the devastation caused to the areas of the planet as a result of mining for the extraction of Lithium and other minerals used to make batteries for electric bicycles, so she will be pedaling, or walking. Which will not harm her, or the planet. We used to cycle and walk to school too.

Since the girl on TV demanded “we need to get rid of our dependency on fossil fuels” and our daughter agreed with her, we have disconnected the heat vent in her room. The temperature is now dropping to twelve degrees in the evening, and will drop below freezing in the winter, we have promised to buy her an extra sweater, hat, tights, gloves and a blanket.

For the same reason we have decided that from now on she only takes a cold shower. She will wash her clothes by hand, with a wooden washboard, because the washing machine is simply a power consumer and since the dryer uses natural gas, she will hang her clothes on the clothesline to dry.

Speaking of clothes, the ones that she currently has are all synthetic, so made from petroleum. Therefore, on Monday, we will bring all her designer clothing to the secondhand shop.

We have found an eco-store where the only clothing they sell is made from undyed and unbleached linen, wool and jute.
It shouldn’t matter that it looks good on her, or that she is going to be laughed at, dressing in colorless, bland clothes and without a wireless bra, but that is the price she has to pay for the benefit of The Climate.

Cotton is out of the question, as it comes from distant lands and pesticides are used for it. Very bad for the environment.
We just saw on her Instagram that she’s pretty angry with us. This was not our intention.

From now on, at 7 p.m. we will turn off the Wi-Fi and we will only switch it on again the next day after dinner for two hours. In this way we will save on electricity, so she is not bothered by electro-stress and will be totally isolated from the outside world. This way, she can concentrate solely on her homework. At eleven o’clock in the evening we will pull the breaker to shut the power off to her room, so she knows that dark is really dark. That will save a lot of CO2.

She will no longer be participating in winter sports to ski lodges and resorts, nor will she be going on anymore vacations with us, because our vacation destinations are practically inaccessible by bicycle.

Since our daughter fully agrees with the girl on TV that the CO2 emissions and footprints of her great-grandparents are to blame for ‘killing our planet’, what all this simply means, is that she also has to live like her great-grandparents and they never had a holiday, a car or even a bicycle.

We haven’t talked about the carbon footprint of food yet.

Zero CO2 footprint means no meat, no fish and no poultry, but also no meat substitutes that are based on soy (after all, that grows in farmer's fields, that use machinery to harvest the beans, trucks to transport to the processing plants, where more energy is used, then trucked to the packaging/canning plants, and trucked once again to the stores) and also no imported food, because that has a negative ecological effect. And absolutely no chocolate from Africa, no coffee from South America and no tea from Asia.

Only homegrown potatoes, vegetables and fruit that have been grown in local cold soil, because greenhouses run on boilers, piped in CO2 and artificial light. Apparently, these things are also bad for The Climate. We will teach her how to grow her own food.

Bread is still possible, but butter, milk, cheese and yogurt, cottage cheese and cream come from cows, and they emit CO2. No more margarine and no oils will be used for the frying pan, because that fat is palm oil from plantations in Borneo where rain forests first grew.

No ice cream in the summer. No soft drinks and no energy drinks, as the bubbles are CO2. She wanted to lose some pounds, well, this will help her achieve that goal too.

We will also ban all plastic, because it comes from chemical factories. Everything made of steel and aluminum must also be removed. Have you ever seen the amount of energy a blast furnace consumes or an aluminum smelter? Uber bad for the climate!

We will replace her 9600 coil, memory foam pillow top mattress, with a jute bag filled with straw, with a horsehair pillow.

And finally, she will no longer be using makeup, soap, shampoo, cream, lotion, conditioner, toothpaste and medication. Her sanitary napkins will be replaced with pads made of linen, that she can wash by hand, with her wooden washboard, just like her female ancestors did before climate change made her angry at us for destroying her future.

In this way we will help her to do her part to prevent mass extinction, water levels rising and the disappearance of entire ecosystems.

If she truly believes she wants to walk the talk of the girl on TV, she will gladly accept and happily embrace her new way of life."

View attachment 89358

"After our daughter of fifteen years of age was moved to tears by the speech of Greta Thunberg at the UN the other day, she became angry with our generation “who had been doing nothing for thirty years,” "How could you!!?"

So, we decided to help her prevent what the girl on TV announced of “massive eradication and the disappearance of entire ecosystems.”
We are now committed to give our daughter a future again, by doing our part to help cool the planet four degrees.

From now on she will go to school on a bicycle, because driving her by car costs fuel, and fuel puts emissions into the atmosphere. Of course, it will be winter soon and then she will want to go by bus, but only as long as it is a diesel bus.

Somehow, that does not seem to be conducive to ‘helping the Climate’.

Of course, she is now asking for an electric bicycle, but we have shown her the devastation caused to the areas of the planet as a result of mining for the extraction of Lithium and other minerals used to make batteries for electric bicycles, so she will be pedaling, or walking. Which will not harm her, or the planet. We used to cycle and walk to school too.

Since the girl on TV demanded “we need to get rid of our dependency on fossil fuels” and our daughter agreed with her, we have disconnected the heat vent in her room. The temperature is now dropping to twelve degrees in the evening, and will drop below freezing in the winter, we have promised to buy her an extra sweater, hat, tights, gloves and a blanket.

For the same reason we have decided that from now on she only takes a cold shower. She will wash her clothes by hand, with a wooden washboard, because the washing machine is simply a power consumer and since the dryer uses natural gas, she will hang her clothes on the clothesline to dry.

Speaking of clothes, the ones that she currently has are all synthetic, so made from petroleum. Therefore, on Monday, we will bring all her designer clothing to the secondhand shop.

We have found an eco-store where the only clothing they sell is made from undyed and unbleached linen, wool and jute.
It shouldn’t matter that it looks good on her, or that she is going to be laughed at, dressing in colorless, bland clothes and without a wireless bra, but that is the price she has to pay for the benefit of The Climate.

Cotton is out of the question, as it comes from distant lands and pesticides are used for it. Very bad for the environment.
We just saw on her Instagram that she’s pretty angry with us. This was not our intention.

From now on, at 7 p.m. we will turn off the Wi-Fi and we will only switch it on again the next day after dinner for two hours. In this way we will save on electricity, so she is not bothered by electro-stress and will be totally isolated from the outside world. This way, she can concentrate solely on her homework. At eleven o’clock in the evening we will pull the breaker to shut the power off to her room, so she knows that dark is really dark. That will save a lot of CO2.

She will no longer be participating in winter sports to ski lodges and resorts, nor will she be going on anymore vacations with us, because our vacation destinations are practically inaccessible by bicycle.

Since our daughter fully agrees with the girl on TV that the CO2 emissions and footprints of her great-grandparents are to blame for ‘killing our planet’, what all this simply means, is that she also has to live like her great-grandparents and they never had a holiday, a car or even a bicycle.

We haven’t talked about the carbon footprint of food yet.

Zero CO2 footprint means no meat, no fish and no poultry, but also no meat substitutes that are based on soy (after all, that grows in farmer's fields, that use machinery to harvest the beans, trucks to transport to the processing plants, where more energy is used, then trucked to the packaging/canning plants, and trucked once again to the stores) and also no imported food, because that has a negative ecological effect. And absolutely no chocolate from Africa, no coffee from South America and no tea from Asia.

Only homegrown potatoes, vegetables and fruit that have been grown in local cold soil, because greenhouses run on boilers, piped in CO2 and artificial light. Apparently, these things are also bad for The Climate. We will teach her how to grow her own food.

Bread is still possible, but butter, milk, cheese and yogurt, cottage cheese and cream come from cows, and they emit CO2. No more margarine and no oils will be used for the frying pan, because that fat is palm oil from plantations in Borneo where rain forests first grew.

No ice cream in the summer. No soft drinks and no energy drinks, as the bubbles are CO2. She wanted to lose some pounds, well, this will help her achieve that goal too.

We will also ban all plastic, because it comes from chemical factories. Everything made of steel and aluminum must also be removed. Have you ever seen the amount of energy a blast furnace consumes or an aluminum smelter? Uber bad for the climate!

We will replace her 9600 coil, memory foam pillow top mattress, with a jute bag filled with straw, with a horsehair pillow.

And finally, she will no longer be using makeup, soap, shampoo, cream, lotion, conditioner, toothpaste and medication. Her sanitary napkins will be replaced with pads made of linen, that she can wash by hand, with her wooden washboard, just like her female ancestors did before climate change made her angry at us for destroying her future.

In this way we will help her to do her part to prevent mass extinction, water levels rising and the disappearance of entire ecosystems.

If she truly believes she wants to walk the talk of the girl on TV, she will gladly accept and happily embrace her new way of life."

It wouldn't take too long of this type action to shut up about 90% of the yahoo's preaching climate change

That was my thought too. Also does Greta do all these things? Cuz if she isn't living it then she shouldn't be preaching it to others.

That was my thought too. Also does Greta do all these things? Cuz if she isn't living it then she shouldn't be preaching it to others.
Probably sneaks in a chocolate bar when no one is looking. Wyatt, keep us posted, this is an interesting plan, I'd love to see how it turns out. I'd probably tell a kid they can no longer live in the house considering it wasn't built with things that don't mess up the environment, just think of all the bad stuff it took to build a home and by the way, that sailboat that Greta supposedly sailed on was certainly not free of pollutive materials, truth is Greta' parents really did a rotten job of raising this messed up young girl.

Probably sneaks in a chocolate bar when no one is looking. Wyatt, keep us posted, this is an interesting plan, I'd love to see how it turns out. I'd probably tell a kid they can no longer live in the house considering it wasn't built with things that don't mess up the environment, just think of all the bad stuff it took to build a home and by the way, that sailboat that Greta supposedly sailed on was certainly not free of pollutive materials, truth is Greta' parents really did a rotten job of raising this messed up young girl.

Well, truth be told, it's not my narrative, I borrowed it.

However, I would not at all be surprised if precious, "How dare you!!" Greta lived a life that was polar opposite of the one she demands that the rest of us live.

So typical of liberals.

Bernie Sanders owns three homes, and his net worth is over 2 million and he has never held a real job outside of congress.

1657442385841.png

And let us not forget the difference between a developer and a tree-hugging conservationist.

A developer wants a home in the forest and a conservationist already has one there.

I think if I ever heard a liberal that didn't speak with two or more tongues, the shock would kill me.

Staged arrest.
Well, she got notoriety, and was spread all over the media, which is her main goal. :rolleyes:
Many online also falsely claimed it was a "fake arrest" but police clarified that Ms Thunberg had not been arrested but had been briefly detained. ..Officers also confirmed all of those detained would not be charged.
Stunt:
Noun.
2: any remarkable feat performed chiefly to attract attention: The kidnapping was said to be a publicity stunt.

You have to understand exactly "what" she/it is, first.
She is a spoiled brat born from famous, rich parents and she has asperger syndrome.
Wikipedia:
..daughter of opera singer Malena Ernman and actor Svante Thunberg. ...The situation made her depressed and as a result, at the age of 11, she stopped talking and eating much and lost ten kilograms (22 lb) in two months. Eventually, she was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD), and selective mutism....In one of her first speeches demanding climate action, Thunberg described the selective mutism aspect of her condition as meaning she "only speaks when necessary"
...Needless to say, she fits in perfectly with the other 'basket-case' climate zealots :rolleyes:.
(Ok, I confess I had to read up on 'Selective mutism' :() ...It also means, "mentally f/u'd🤪".

Last edited:
I actually feel sorry for her. Not because the world isn't what she wants it to be; but because she will learn that the people that benefit from it being the way it is are the ones preventing the biggest changes. Similar to people like Bob Geldolf, who took on to eradicate famine, and years later are still frustrated when it continues. He will die a disappointed man.
The first time I saw Gretta I thought she 'had something' - my own son has Aspergers - what bothers me is that the media are hitched to her bandwagon not because of her cause, but because she is a novelty. The above images come from a town that is being cleared for a coal mine. That could be my home next year, if something was to be found in the area. We shouldn't be distracted by Gretta, this is a bigger issue.
The initial piece is bang on -students here marched in Grettas name; then the next day their parents drove them 300 yards to school in SUV's. They'd be better off boycotting throwaway fashion stores that rely slave labour. I believe everyone should have a cause they believe in- no matter how small -
1674305986843.png

I actually feel sorry for her. Not because the world isn't what she wants it to be; but because she will learn that the people that benefit from it being the way it is are the ones preventing the biggest changes. Similar to people like Bob Geldolf, who took on to eradicate famine, and years later are still frustrated when it continues. He will die a disappointed man.
The first time I saw Gretta I thought she 'had something' - my own son has Aspergers - what bothers me is that the media are hitched to her bandwagon not because of her cause, but because she is a novelty. The above images come from a town that is being cleared for a coal mine. That could be my home next year, if something was to be found in the area. We shouldn't be distracted by Gretta, this is a bigger issue.
The initial piece is bang on -students here marched in Grettas name; then the next day their parents drove them 300 yards to school in SUV's. They'd be better off boycotting throwaway fashion stores that rely slave labour. I believe everyone should have a cause they believe in- no matter how small -
View attachment 102983
I think there are many examples of people thinking they are helping the world in one way or another, and at some time later, the damage was worse than if they had done nothing.

A woman I know does a big fundraiser to purchase a shipping container and ship it full to Haiti every year. People she knows donate all kinds of beans, rice, and other goods that get fill the container and are shipped there. As someone I know pointed out, probably not even half of what is in the shipping container actually is given to the people in need. Someone or a few someone in government probably get a portion and profit from it. I imagine this is probably true all over the world when food is shipped to starving people.

Greta is the poster child as to why the voting age should not be changed to below 18, in fact, she is a good reason as to why it should be moved to 45 instead. I don't know about the rest of you, but it wasn't until my first child was born (I was 25) that I realized that my parents were a heck of a lot smarter than I gave them credit for!

As someone I know pointed out, probably not even half of what is in the shipping container actually is given to the people in need.

If it was half that would probably be a vast improvement. I doubt that even 10% goes to the truly needy. Here are some stats on the Clinton Foundation:

"As a charitable organization, the Clinton Foundation's tax returns are publicly available from the National Center for Charitable Statistics' website.

In the 65-page 2014 form, the organization's total revenue was listed as $177, 804,612.00, with the total grants to charity amounting to $5,160,385.00. (This is less than 3%)

Meanwhile, the organization's expenses amounted to $91,281,145.00."

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/231363

Greta is a well meaning pawn that has been used mercilessly to further a hoax. I hope that some day when she grows up she will realize the truth.

Back