Bear (the GSD) update!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearl

Finder of lost things AND The Boss
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Need to take some new pics! So my Bear is almost 6 1/2 months old and 70 pounds! So glad his neutering is behind us. He can enjoy his pool again, and he is loving the bigger yard I made for him! Except the hot fence I ran around the top, he checked that out yesterday, he won't be thinking about a fence climb! He came to me on June 27th, not quite 5 months old, rescued from an 8×8 pen. Never had a collar on or been in a house! He loves his obedience training and quickly learned his commands, both verbal and hand signals! Pees on command, and never an accident in the house! After losing my wonderful Doberman I had set my mind on having to have an average dog. Never dreamed this amazing boy was coming my way!!

If he's like the wolf/shepherds I used to have, he needs lots of space and lots of reinforcement as to his "pack status". great homestead/farm dogs. they'll run through fire for you! not too shabby as hunters either!

IMG_20220812_131048097~2.jpg

Was going to take a nap on the couch......nope!!

That’s sweet! At least he isn’t posing dumb. Our dog stands like it is complete embarrassment if we try to put dog clothes on her, I think she acts dumb with the halter sometimes too. Hates the rain!!!!
This was his first clothes experience! My Princess (Dobe) LOVED her sweaters and coats! I was surprised he was so tolerant!

Wait til the other dogs start laughing at him! 🤣

Just teasing... He's a good looking pup... keep us updated.
😁

edit... darn, he does have a set of ears! muley...
I was going to say the same thing! Wait til the other dogs see him, neighbor dog, etc. LOL
We tried putting something on the dog to keep her dry but she would rather I walk out in the yard with her, with an umbrella, or no go! She will hold it for hours to wait for the rain to lessen. What a goober.
You're lucky Bear will go out, keep getting him out there while it's raining!

Latest posts

Back