Beer And Whiskey Cures

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I'll start with beer since whisky is too fast for us old people.

Beer is a safe ,fast natural remedy for bladder and kidney problwms or UTIs. I use to get a UTI and buy a quart of beer and first pee it was gone. Now that I can't drink a whole quart without getting cross eyed found evne better way, keep gilling mug with ice [ alcohol melts ice faster than other liquids] so I get a good fluhing plus yeast fights other bacteria in urinary and kidney . So once you have a nice pee it gone.
whisky ' in moderarion ' is good for heart, stomach and if you don't drink much it has no side effects.

The oldest living vet 112 y.o. Says he drinks whixkey in his coffee but that video is long so just put this one minute one up where he mentions it. Skip to 60 seconds to hear.

For me anythign ovr couple of beers or 4glaases of wine gives me hangover,so a couple times a month when I drink I keep mug or wine glass full of ice.

Gee thanks, Meerkat. Just what I needed; another reason to drink. :dancing: You know I only drink on days that have a "Y" in them.

Here is one that sells the virtues of whiskey. Bottoms up!

Gee thanks, Meerkat. Just what I needed; another reason to drink. :dancing: You know I only drink on days that have a "Y" in them.

Here is one that sells the virtues of whiskey. Bottoms up!

LOL, Morgan bottoms up.:peace:

I don't drink much. A beer or 2 occaionally with a pizza or mexican.
I do keep a bottle of brandy around. I've found warming a bit up helps to open my head if its stopped up. Adding a little lemon juice and honey also helps with a cough.

Same for us hubby likes a little whiskey now and then rather than wine.
I used honey and lemon whisky for my babies up to teens. It was no less thsn what the drug stores had in it without the chemicals. It helps us plus lots of apple and orange ,mostly apple. I liek to eat the orange and apples though and drink juice.

I am not a drinker. I am what you would call a light weight. I can only remember 1 time I had beer for an illness. I think it was more to help me sleep. I was maybe 4 or 5 years old and had a terrible ear ache. I remember laying on the couch in so much pain and on the coffee table I remember looking at the small glass (one of those small jelly jars) full of beer. I remember it was shiny and watched the little bubbles rising from the bottom. It was pretty to me. My parents must have got a bottle or can to give me as we didn't usually have beer in the house. (Dad was a light weight too.)

Backpacker/Meercat: Don't know if you were aware, but you both gave the recipe for the original Hot Toddy. Has been a favorite for medicinal purposes for centuries. Really nice on cold nights.

You could swap the brandy/whiskey for rum, and put a pat of butter on top. Hot Buttered Rum. Maybe add a dash of cinnamon.

I am not a drinker. I am what you would call a light weight. I can only remember 1 time I had beer for an illness. I think it was more to help me sleep. I was maybe 4 or 5 years old and had a terrible ear ache. I remember laying on the couch in so much pain and on the coffee table I remember looking at the small glass (one of those small jelly jars) full of beer. I remember it was shiny and watched the little bubbles rising from the bottom. It was pretty to me. My parents must have got a bottle or can to give me as we didn't usually have beer in the house. (Dad was a light weight too.)

Just Cliff bet it helped too. :cool:

Backpacker/Meercat: Don't know if you were aware, but you both gave the recipe for the original Hot Toddy. Has been a favorite for medicinal purposes for centuries. Really nice on cold nights.

You could swap the brandy/whiskey for rum, and put a pat of butter on top. Hot Buttered Rum. Maybe add a dash of cinnamon.

Sounds good Morgan we haven't tried the butter and cinnomon yet. :Thankyou:

Also when I mae the babies and kids whisky,lrmon,honey drinks I'd just give them a little in a spoon or more as they grew.

That's A mighty strange cure for UTI, @Meerkat
I suggest cranberry pomegranate juice and acidophilus capsules at the first sign. There are other herbs that can help with it too.

@Patchouli , those are good too but the beer cure has worked for me for about 50 years. Of course I seldom got UTIs [ maybe one every 3 or 4 years] an old lady told me about flushing out your kidneys now and then with a couple beers and she cured UTI with it. :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back