Beer fridge is always empty!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when Busch beer was 99 cents a six pack in Florida.
In Viet Nam we bought Budweiser for 10 cents a can. That was on base.
San Miguel beer was less than that. Every bottle tasted different, and usually had a bit of sand on the mouth of the bottle. The story was it had formaldehyde in it.
Once the price of sugar went up everything went up. We held a wake for the 99 cent six pack of Busch. :confused2:

Stop drinking
Or buy a truck load wholesale.
That's not very helpful.
We are not going to give up our weekend cocktails b/c we don't want to, nor do we have to. We certainly don't drink enough to justify a truck load either. :rolleyes:
Besides, I do believe the problem at hand has been solved. I just would have preferred not having to call them out on it.

I worked with a man from the Netherland, who had a frig in his garage. He bought beer dirt cheap, some gas station would sale beer cheap to get you to buy gas. He would fill his car trunk every time he found beer on sale. His frig was full & he would stack extra cases be side the frig.

I buy what we like. It's not overly expensive, but it's not Old Mud or PBR either. I do stock up when it's on sale or there's a rebate, just like I would with anything. We have a good amount stored away, but the LAST place I'd store it is by that frig. The more beer people think you have, the more help (they must think) we need to drink it. :rolleyes: I store it in one of the back rooms where nobody (but us) ever sees it until we need to refill the frig......and of coarse, nobody is ever around when it comes time for that.

I've known this, but relative to alcohol. Some people collect it and have varieties for different occasions. I've heard people say, "Wow, when is the party?"
Yeah, that's why I don't leave it in plain sight. I have 100 proof stuff we don't drink, but it's for tinctures and medical kit. We also inherited a 'bar' from folks who moved and didn't want to take it. It sits in a cabinet and we'll likely never use any of it, but I'm not getting rid of it.
That what chains & locks are made for.
Or Shot Guns, what ever works for you.
You don't need chains and locks if people don't know you have it. I'm not gonna waste my ammo on friends either. LOL!

Latest posts

Back