Best payment system to use?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INresponse

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
For those who are selling online, or at fairs or farmers markets or similar events, what is the easiest payment method to accept? I have an old PayPal account but I lost interest in them when they went anti-firearm many years ago. My girlfriend suggested Zello but the other person has to have Zello as well, but I guess that is probably the case with most apps including Venmo.
Square is an option for my iPhone but they charge more than Venmo, but they charge less than PayPal.

Any information will be helpful and appreciated. Thank you.

For those who are selling online, or at fairs or farmers markets or similar events, what is the easiest payment method to accept? I have an old PayPal account but I lost interest in them when they went anti-firearm many years ago. My girlfriend suggested Zello but the other person has to have Zello as well, but I guess that is probably the case with most apps including Venmo.
Square is an option for my iPhone but they charge more than Venmo, but they charge less than PayPal.

Any information will be helpful and appreciated. Thank you.
If you have an iPhone, one of these will be the best bet.
You can manually key in the CC stuff for online sales, but you gotta take CC to be viable.
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Kroger fuel points, got 0.70 cents off gas this week, $2.50 gallon.
I have paid for plants on Square & got a receipt online.

That last two new cars The Princess bought were purchased with GM cards

Salesman: "For only $10,000 down, we'll give you a 7 year loan with monthly payments of only $1500. That's quite a deal! I can get you into that today! How's that sound to ya, big guy?"

Astute Customer: "Nah ... just put it on my Visa card."

Salesman: :(

Salesman: "For only $10,000 down, we'll give you a 7 year loan with monthly payments of only $1500. That's quite a deal! I can get you into that today! How's that sound to ya, big guy?"

I did not do as good as all that.
I got a truck to run errands in & keep us moving when the car or other truck was in the shop.
It cost 30,000., I put $8000.00, no gap insurance & went through my CU for 36 month, it was cheaper then removing money from my IRA.
I do not have any money back Cards, because all the ones I have seen have an annual fee. I do not pay annual fees, if I can help it.

If you have an iPhone, one of these will be the best bet.
You can manually key in the CC stuff for online sales, but you gotta take CC to be viable.
s-l500.jpg
Thank you. My gut is that using the Square will probably be what I end up with for local sales. But, I still want to learn more options.
I keep getting pointed to Venmo but they are part of PayPal. I know it will be tough finding an option that is open to all businesses, including firearm freedoms, but if I find something doable that is not suppressing out personal freedoms I will try to avoid PayPal. Although the info on Venmo is interesting and it seems easy to set up and use.
Keep the information coming please. I need it now but I am sure there are others who will need this information as well.

Thank you. My gut is that using the Square will probably be what I end up with for local sales. But, I still want to learn more options.
I keep getting pointed to Venmo but they are part of PayPal. I know it will be tough finding an option that is open to all businesses, including firearm freedoms, but if I find something doable that is not suppressing out personal freedoms I will try to avoid PayPal. Although the info on Venmo is interesting and it seems easy to set up and use.
Keep the information coming please. I need it now but I am sure there are others who will need this information as well.
I had to pay for a reunion and The Princess had a Venmo to cover it.

The last time I purchased from a vendor, they used Square.

Ben

I tinkled a little in the other thread about PayPal before I saw your 'thread jack' post. Sorry. :(
As a seller, all I can say is, read up a bunch about them. In the back of your mind, ask yourself: how do they make money?:dunno:
No yearly fee for buyers or sellers to have an account...
They don't charge buyers a dime.
They don't charge sellers anything but the 3% CC fee they have to send to VISA/MC when buyers use a CC.
Hmmm.
53422-a3502a31cbb235d8c1b4550973044605.data

Fear not! They make tons of money! :thumbs:
If you use them as a seller.... you will find out how.

Bolding is mine.
Every time I buy a vehicle, I try to put it on my credit card. Every time, they said they can only accept up to $5000.

That's the limit at the dealer.
Assuming they pay 3% fee to the credit card company, they would lose around $1000 if they accepted payment in full by credit card.
:horsie:!
Throw your card down, if they push it back, try to walk out the door.:oops:
You won't make it, trust me.:thumbs:
They make most of their money financing vehicles.
...But they would rather have something instead of nothing.

Last edited:
:horsie:!
Throw your card down, if they push it back, try to walk out the door.:oops:
You won't make it, trust me.:thumbs:
They make most of their money financing vehicles.
...But they would rather have something instead of nothing.
I agree mostly, but I had to wait six weeks for my truck to ship.
I was told that some dealers charge a $5000.00 shipping fee.
I told the sale manager that I would walk out on that comment & go to another dealer. For that price plus the financing on a new car, you could rebuild a old truck.

Latest posts

Back