Best Place to Buy Fabric

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmissy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am always on the look out for 100% cotton fabric at a decent price. Thought I would share a few places in case you ever get to go there and maybe you have some in mind also.
batesville Arkansas- yikes, hubby had to put a time limit on me there. Marshalls Dry Goods
Lancaster, PA - to many to name. A lot of the places have good quality fabric like Moda for $7 yard
There is a place called Zincks, it is located in Lancaster and Walnut Creek OH and I do believe other areas. Approx $5 yd for cotton and clothing material sometimes is like $2 yard.

I need some cotton dresses for summer so this thread is very helpful. You can't buy a nice cotton dress anymore, either make it or do without. Almost all dresses now are synthetic and make me sweat more maybe even cause hot flash.:devil:

@tiffanysgallery You really must check out Hancock's of Puducah (Not part of the Hancock's Fabrics that are no more).

Here's the link: http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/

Even better I noticed they have stripes that do down instead of across. Try to find a dress with stripes that go down most all of them go across and that is not flattering fit for anyone,imo. Great.

I need some cotton dresses for summer so this thread is very helpful. You can't buy a nice cotton dress anymore, either make it or do without. Almost all dresses now are synthetic and make me sweat more maybe even cause hot flash.:devil:
I'm with you. I started wearing natural fibers, with few exceptions many years ago.

I am always on the look out for 100% cotton fabric at a decent price. Thought I would share a few places in case you ever get to go there and maybe you have some in mind also.
batesville Arkansas- yikes, hubby had to put a time limit on me there. Marshalls Dry Goods
Lancaster, PA - to many to name. A lot of the places have good quality fabric like Moda for $7 yard
There is a place called Zincks, it is located in Lancaster and Walnut Creek OH and I do believe other areas. Approx $5 yd for cotton and clothing material sometimes is like $2 yard.
Options for places to by fabrics has really decreased over the years. Whenever I travel, I am on the lookout for local independent fabric stores.

We are down to JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby as far as I know in Colorado.

Options for places to by fabrics has really decreased over the years. Whenever I travel, I am on the lookout for local independent fabric stores.

We are down to JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby as far as I know in Colorado.

Yeah, options around here have decreased a lot too. Joanns and Hobby Lobby. I have found fabric.com fun to order from.

I also order thread and sometimes fabric from https://www.connectingthreads.com

And I've ordered a little from this one, good results: https://www.moodfabrics.com

Summer is almost here and I am so glad this tread came up to show where I can get real cotton.

I also need to redo undies that elastic is worthless anymore around the legs. Nothing worse than traveling panties. :( What is wrong with these manufacture's anymore? Do y'all have that problem?

Summer is almost here and I am so glad this tread came up to show where I can get real cotton.

I also need to redo undies that elastic is worthless anymore around the legs. Nothing worse than traveling panties. :( What is wrong with these manufacture's anymore? Do y'all have that problem?
Meerkat, a few years ago, I bought a package of cotton ones periodically until I have a good supply that I rotate through. I just throw out the ones that get holes or don't work. I could go longer than a month with my underwear, changing them daily of course.

There were people in my hometown that learned to make their own, and I have often thought in preparation for SHTF and EOTWAWKI situation, it would not be bad to have a stash of t-shirts and elastic to make them if needed.

Meerkat, a few years ago, I bought a package of cotton ones periodically until I have a good supply that I rotate through. I just throw out the ones that get holes or don't work. I could go longer than a month with my underwear, changing them daily of course.

There were people in my hometown that learned to make their own, and I have often thought in preparation for SHTF and EOTWAWKI situation, it would not be bad to have a stash of t-shirts and elastic to make them if needed.

It is also the elastic, even bathing suits elastic wears out after first few washes. Plus what kind of butt is wider at the top than the bottom.
I know the ol butt ain't what it use to be but damn they could put some material and elastic on the panties.
I think it is an agenda to pester us in as many ways as possible right down to the rear end. Trying to rearange in public is not a pretty picture.

I buy fabric from Missouri Star Quilt Company, Joann's,Keepsake Quilting.
Course Missouri Star Quilt is about 2 hours North of where I live.
Joann's is in Kansas City, Missouri and it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get there.
And I can got to both of these places relatively easily.
Keepsake Quilting is in Vermont, I believe and I shop them online.
Matter of fact I shop all three on line.
Also shop mom and pop local quilt shops too.

Course Missouri Star Quilt is about 2 hours North of where I live.
Joann's is in Kansas City, Missouri and it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get there.
And I can got to both of these places relatively easily.
Keepsake Quilting is in Vermont, I believe and I shop them online.
Matter of fact I shop all three on line.
Also shop mom and pop local quilt shops too.
@MoBookworm1957 I've got to tell you that every time I see your avatar I think, "oh, yeah, she's that real tall lady, like 6 foot," then you posted that you were actually rather short. You have an enormous positive presence.

@MoBookworm1957 I've got to tell you that every time I see your avatar I think, "oh, yeah, she's that real tall lady, like 6 foot," then you posted that you were actually rather short. You have an enormous positive presence.
Thank you , I think.
I used to be alittle bit taller maybe 3 inches taller.
But age,and Arthur has a lot to do with me getting shorter.
I suffer from Arthur(Arthritis-Rheumatism) and Osteoarthritis.
I have a sister that is 4'11" she stretches her neck like a turtle to try to get 5 foot.
Hence why I am having total knee replacement, so not ready for a wheelchair.
Got to show my grand daughter how to spit watermelon seeds, how to fish,bait your own hook,how to get the fish off hook.
How to write left handed, throw a baseball left handed, catch left handed etc.

You're welcome.
Sorry about that stuff, @MoBookworm1957 .
You'll stay full of fire and vigorous spirit
Thank you,
As for the stuff, when you're young and dumb, you never think anything will happen to you.
And if you think I'm full of fire and vigorous spirit you should have known me before 2009.
And again in 2012. I think I'm pretty mellow now on most things.
My sons, parents would probably disagree though.

Last edited:

Good putting it into words, I was thinking the same thing but didn't know how to express like you did.

Mo has a very distinct look about her,an attractive kind one.

Latest posts

Back