Best prices for 6 volt batteries?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haboob

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I didn't want to dump this in the battery thread because it is more specific.....

Getting ready to purchase (8) 6 volts batteries for my off-grid cabin. Cheapest I've found so far are Duracell 220 AH for $130 each. This purchase is specifically price point based. Anyone know where they are less expensive?

I didn't want to dump this in the battery thread because it is more specific.....

Getting ready to purchase (8) 6 volts batteries for my off-grid cabin. Cheapest I've found so far are Duracell 220 AH for $130 each. This purchase is specifically price point based. Anyone know where they are less expensive?
I was told not to get batteries at the "marts" that they might be $2 cheaper but aren't good. I would have to look at the ones we ended up getting for the trailer & let you know the brand, but they've been good for at least a few years now.

I buy 6v golf cart batteries annually for my vacation home, due to the extreme heat. It is a real PITA replacing 6 every year. Do it right. Get Trojan batteries. They will last you 3 times as long, but about twice the price of the others.
+1
If you hunt down the cheapest, that is what you will get. Disconnecting all those cables and humping them in and out has a price too. :(

I buy golf cart batteries at the local Les Schwab franchise. Not sure what brand they are, but the manager said there are only 3 battery manufacturers in the US, so are from one of those. They've lasted almost as long as the Trojan L-16s I had before, just need more of them, still less expensive. As a bonus, the manager personally delivered them to my remote homestead, just to get familiar with the area, as he was a new transfer from another franchise. They were $145 each as I recall.

Latest posts

Back