Better Fast Food Choices?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Road Runner and Antelope are pretty fast food that is good for you. If they are not in your area, have you ever seen a deer move? They are fast.

Sorry couldn't help it.:ghostly:

Fast food has a reputation for being junk and really bad food,... curious what you think are better choices for fast food...

Burger King.

If I'm one the road making time, McDonald's drive thru, two cheeseburgers, fries and a Root Beer.

To me fast food is when I slap shaved lunch-meat and cheese between two pieces of bread and eat it over the kitchen sink.

In n Out review...i never remember to tell them to hold the salt on the fries, they oversalt them, but otherwise the fries are very good.
The bun, seems to be oily, greasy or buttery, but ok, not overly so.
Ya gotta ask them to hold stuff or you get it all, which includes special sauce (like thousand island dressing), lettuce, tomato, onions. You only get ketchup and mustard if you ask for it on your burger.
I've never had their milkshakes but finally did, chocolate, yum, thick.
Getting a soft drink from any fast food is usually a total joke, including at In n Out Burgers.

Yesterday I had a burger from Culvers. Culvers is a place I have not eaten at very often because there is not one close to where I live. It was so delicious, from real meat, no fillers, so no cheap $1 burger. I will be eating more Culvers burgers when I need to grab something to eat. I do know they are called butter burgers. That is because they butter the buns.

Culvers must prepare your food when you order. I was given a number to pull forward and wait. I was maybe the fifth one in line, but did not have to wait long. They have people who bring your food out to you. I usually just order a burger, because I do not need a bunch of extra calories from fries, sodas, shakes, and that is what I ordered yesterday, just a burger and water. They do have fried cheese curds, onion rings, frozen yogurt, soups, salads, fish, chicken, chili cheddar fries and dinners.

I just did a search. They are considered a casual fast food restaurant, but they do have a drive through.

https://www.culvers.com/

@Weedygarden the next time I head over to the big cities I will see about hitting a Culver's, they're in Texas. Woohoo. I looked at the menu.
I'm always interested in the fish, cole slaw and green beans. Looks decent.
Culvers website calls themselves a casual fast food restaurant, which means they are trying to be better than fast food, but food that is quicker than a sit down restaurant. Chipotle is in the same category. Daughter calls them fast casual.

Rarely do I order sides, but if I end up with a meal deal, I decline potatoes in any form. Coleslaw and green beans are two items I will substitute. I also love fish and will seek it out if it is around where I am. When I was teaching, I rarely went to get food for lunch, because I usually brought lunch and kept my mini-fridge stocked, but there was a Popeye's chicken close to school that I went to a couple times to get fish. They have decent sides as well, but I haven't eaten at a Popeye's in a while.

Latest posts

Back