Bicycles...what kind do you have?

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Trikes are a good idea too. My ex FIL has a recumbent trike. It's meant for long distances (like 50 miles a day) and pretty spendy (like $2000).

I'm kind of digging this one. It has an electric motor as well, and a 400 pound capacity including the rider.
View attachment 11365
It only costs three grand... :eyeballs:
My grandmother had a tricycle, but nothing as fancy as this one.

I see tricycle motorcycles with two wheels on the front and one on the back. Which is more stable on a tricycle? Two wheels on the front, or two on the back?

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Staff member
Neighbor
My grandmother had a tricycle, but nothing as fancy as this one.

I see tricycle motorcycles with two wheels on the front and one on the back. Which is more stable on a tricycle? Two wheels on the front, or two on the back?
2 wheels on the front. It's easy to tip one over with a single front wheel.

MoBookworm1957

MoBookworm1957
Neighbor
3 wheel bike.
Single wheel in front, 2 wheels in back with iron basket between the back wheels.
During World War II it was used as delivery bike for local market.
Bought at auction for $ 5 sold privately before left knee replacement last year for just under $ 2000.
Used the bike to build up leg muscles before surgery.
The Ortho doctor who bought it from me uses it daily.
If car or truck hit that bike the would be damage to the vehicles, not the bike.
Body of that bike was cast iron, big fat tires, 3 speed and brakes on handlebars.

Just Cliff

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I worked in a factory once where the mechanics rode 3 wheeled bikes with big toolboxes on the back. They probably had 300 pounds of tools in there. Worked great, but they didn't have to go more than a quarter mile at a time, and it was a smooth concrete floor.
They were probably Worksman out of Chicago. I worked on several when I was a bicycle mechanic years ago. Very well built with heavy duty wheels. I would love to have one.
http://worksman.com/#

Lodestar

Old Timer
Neighbor
I have a Surly Moonlander, which is a fat tire snow bike...nearly five inch wide tires. She's a workout...

dademoss

Old Codger
Neighbor
Somewhere near Dunlap Station, Grid square: EM79rf
Last edited:

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
Fuji mountain bike here, larger frame, all aluminum. This thing is so light you can almost pick it up with one finger. I added a gel seat and a carrier behind the seat. Bike is in excellent condition, probably should put new tires on it. I bought it for 75 bucks a few years ago.

I have a DNR maintained trail that runs along the back edge of my property, I can open the gate get on the trail and go about 10 miles S/ SW or I can go N/ NE all the way to Hell, about 20 miles or so. They want to run this trail further south and connect with another trail that will go from Lake Erie all the way across the state to Lake Michigan.

Spikedriver

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Fuji mountain bike here, larger frame, all aluminum. This thing is so light you can almost pick it up with one finger. I added a gel seat and a carrier behind the seat. Bike is in excellent condition, probably should put new tires on it. I bought it for 75 bucks a few years ago.

I have a DNR maintained trail that runs along the back edge of my property, I can open the gate get on the trail and go about 10 miles S/ SW or I can go N/ NE all the way to Hell, about 20 miles or so. They want to run this trail further south and connect with another trail that will go from Lake Erie all the way across the state to Lake Michigan.
A bike trail to Hell...that sounds interesting...:D

Latest posts