Big blanket.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 4402

Breaker of fixed things
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Doing a Sophie. Here is part 1.
20230911_105939.jpg

I bet she has fun making all those critters!!

Um...................yeah, and then I'm surrounded by them, lol

One item I cherish is a queen size afghan that she made, I had it my big truck for years although I had to fold it in half so it would somewhat fit my bunk, lol. similar to this image, complete with craters. It took her over a year to make it.

1694530073959.jpeg

Um...................yeah, and then I'm surrounded by them, lol

One item I cherish is a queen size afghan that she made, I had it my big truck for years although I had to fold it in half so it would somewhat fit my bunk, lol. similar to this image, complete with craters. It took her over a year to make it.

View attachment 115945
My Mom made us a king size afghan many many years ago!! ♥️♥️♥️

It is called Sophie's Universe. It is a very large blanket pattern made famous by a crochet-along video series. The colorway I am doing is called Sophie's Sunshine.
Great color & skill.

When young neighbor mom Shellie was in the hospital and recovering from breast cancer we did a rotating evening family meal for them organized among the bush neighborhood.. Later when I was in the hospital over winter Shellie made me a tuque (stocking cap) that I wore every day and night while there and for a long while after.. I could loose everything of what little I have but would miss that the most..

So.... I've been thinking of learning to knit this fall.. Just enough to do strait lines with the intent of making long scarves that can be laced together to make a quilt of sorts..

When young neighbor mom Shellie was in the hospital and recovering from breast cancer we did a rotating evening family meal for them organized among the bush neighborhood.. Later when I was in the hospital over winter Shellie made me a tuque (stocking cap) that I wore every day and night while there and for a long while after.. I could loose everything of what little I have but would miss that the most..

So.... I've been thinking of learning to knit this fall.. Just enough to do strait lines with the intent of making long scarves that can be laced together to make a quilt of sorts..
Do it TH! Having hands busy is a nice thing. Also, if you are stressed about things, you can focus on what you are doing and ponder - it's been proven to help those recovering from severe health issues.

Latest posts

Back