Biscuits on top of the wood heater? YES YOU CAN!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
So you want a wood cook stove with an oven, but can't afford the small fortune? Weep no more homestead chef, NOW you can! P.S. You can make it out of regular steel, I just used stainless because I could.

Now its been ages since I had to draw blueprints, so if you have questions, I invented it!
Wood stove top oven.png

So you want a wood cook stove with an oven, but can't afford the small fortune? Weep no more homestead chef, NOW you can! P.S. You can make it out of regular steel, I just used stainless because I could.

Now its been ages since I had to draw blueprints, so if you have questions, I invented it!
View attachment 98136
i somehow hit this quote thingy...anyway...we're looking at what you did here...maybe ours won't be a thing of beauty...but it'll work...my husband said he can take some pieces from an old grill out here..grind cut...we found a nice one left out in front of someone's house ..side of road...people do that a lot here...it's heavy stuff tho...and hauling dragging has been our fortei..sp?..
maybe i can get well enough to chunk that in truck..
thanks for ideas

Who gave me the idea y'all was having trouble baking on a wood heater?
Oh well, it does one thing a Colemam probably can't three stuffed Cornish hens and veggies while you work.

We're 'hedging our bets' on a Cyl Oven, ie:

Round-Oven1.jpg
..works kinda like on a 'double-boiler' principle.. :cool:

Confession: Haven't "cooked" in it, yet (only 'seasoned it' / burned off the 'virgin coatings', etc) but, Confident it'll do the trick, when needed.. The Cyl Stove that 'powers it' is an Absolute Champ.. 👍 But, regardless, yah - Dutch Ovens are another 'Must-Have'.. Have a Couple nice-ones stashed-back.. 👍

Fwiw..
jd

Latest posts

Back