Bit a bout us.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverickhawk

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Hello from the Midwest, Kansas that is. We live in a midsize town. Hate it! Just paid off 3 acres 10 miles outside
of town. Not big enough or far enough out. But it is close enough to work till we retire. Scaling down our build plans to afford more land in East or south Missouri. Gut feeling this forum is going to be good.

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome. Just discovered this morning that I posted in the wrong thread. Embarrassed.
I've been a member of similar forum format's, so I should have known better. Hoping a moderator can move me or fix me.

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome. Just discovered this morning that I posted in the wrong thread. Embarrassed.
I've been a member of similar forum format's, so I should have known better. Hoping a moderator can move me or fix me.

Already did friend!

Welcome from selfquarantinistan!

Welcome from Colorado.

This forum was started late November 2017 by some wonderful people who were active for years in another forum that went south. We have been building this forum slowly with some of the best from our former home. It is a drama free forum. Some of us have exchanged emails and stay in touch outside of the forum. Some of us have met up with others in person. We help each other out as needed. This is a caring community with people of various backgrounds seeking input and giving advice as requested.

Hey there! I am relatively new here as well, but you will enjoy your stay.

on a side note, I drive a semi, and I am on a dedicated lane from church hill, tn to Spring Hill Kansas. It’s pretty country out there. Where abouts are y’all? I live in east TN.
Topeka, east Kansas is not bad. Western different animal. Be safe on the road!

The Silver Treasury of Light Verse by Oscar WIlliams
"

Ladies and gentlemen, hoboes and tramps, Cross-eyed mosquitoes and bow-legged ants, I come before you to stand behind you, To tell you something I know nothing about. Next Thursday, this is Good Friday, There will be a Mother’s Day meeting for fathers only; Admission is free, so pay at the door, Pull up a seat and sit on the floor. We will discuss a story you’ve all heard before. One bright morning, in the middle of the night, Two dead boys, got up to fight, They lived on the corner, in the middle of the block On the second floor, of a vacant lot. One had a fiddle, one had a drum, And one had a pancake stuck to his bum, Back to back they faced each other, Drew their swords and shot each another, One was blind and the other couldn’t see So they chose a dummy for a referee. A blind man went to see fair play, A dumb man went to shout “hooray!” A paralyzed donkey passing by, Kicked the blind man in the eye, Knocked him through a nine inch wall, Into a dry ditch and drowned them all, A mute onlooker shrieked in fright And a lame man danced at the ghastly sight A deaf policeman heard the noise, And came to arrest the two dead boys, One dead boy who had no feet Began to run down the street. The other dead boy who could not talk, Said "Oh Policeman let me walk." If you don’t believe this little lie is true Ask the blind man he saw it too!

They brought the best and then they let me in too! WOO HOO :)
Welcome from W. PA.
What really happened was that there was a private message campaign, a behind the scenes flurry of activity, trying to recruit some of the best people to join us here, as we saw things crumbling over there. A couple very active members were not invited. Could they request to join here? Sure! But they evidently never made good connections with some of us. A couple people come to mind. There were several people who received a PM and never came over. Some said they would, but they are still not here. It was all the PM's in the old place that caused many of us to be banned. Oh well, it turned south in a hurry when a beloved admin was removed from his duties and replaced by a heavy handed admin who had no relationships with any of the members.

There seemed to have been a little more latitude for bad behavior over there. Bad behavior here will get you removed as a member very quickly and quietly and most will never know what happened.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon, another island of sanity on the Left Coast, if you have good governors and other state leaders, be very thankful, ours here in Washington, Oregon and California are down right dangerous to freedom.

Latest posts

Back