• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Homesteading & Country Living and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black belts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do nice work! I think I would have made the loop for the belt flap a slide fit and not have riveted it but that is just a matter of choice. I also like the holster to cover the trigger - less chance of shooting yourself in the kneecap. :) I also leave the bottom open so dirt and moisture can get out. I still have my "quick draw" holster somewhere... It was a fad I got over.
I am going to attempt another shoulder rig - it has been a while and I need one for my auto. Muzzle down and front pull so I will need to make a spring for it. I think I have enough leather but if not I now where I can get what I want.
That's just what I need, ANOTHER project.:)

Thank you for the critique, i welcome that. This is a john wayne replica, so the design follows what the original was
I do not like an open toe either.

On your shoulder holster. no spring needed if you make a ''jackass rig''
all that is required is counter balance.

holster under the left arm. double mag pouch under the right arm

the straps are simple. a figure 8 turned sideways, with the ''X'' on your back, arms through the loops

you need an adjustment on each strap.

with muzzle up. you pull against the back strap. no spring needed or no belt attachment needed
wet form the holster so the gun slides out as it is unsnapped. use a mil spec dot snap for strength

OIP.kj_owSVY0uihmCU4hg1ltAHaHa
upload_2020-2-21_7-6-35.jpeg

My frame is too small to conceal a gun in that position and the gun is too loose, not held tightly to the body. I want it to ride high under the arm like this
ShoulderRig.jpg

But with the front strap holding the grip tight to the body like this
ShoulderRig2.jpg

I will use a long snap loop to the belt on the holster side with magazine pouch under the right arm anchored with another snap loop.
You have to be able to get your pants down without having to remove your belt.
This is what I am used to with my 357 so it is a more natural position for me.

Do you tie paracord?

they make an elastic paracord, that you can tie that will be not only elastic but nice to look at

you could attach it to the holster then to belt/ pants with a suspender clip
20V799_AS01

I can teach you a knot that is 1 1/2'' wide
same one i use on rifle slings

DSCN5377.JPG

My hands are pretty torn up after 40 years of hard work and tying knots is not going to be for me. I can cut and form leather and stitch it but working with cord is not real interesting for me at 69+.

Frodo - How long do you expect your stock to last (belts at this price)?
Mine is arriving Monday. After checking size, I may want one for my son.

Frodo - How long do you expect your stock to last (belts at this price)?
Mine is arriving Monday. After checking size, I may want one for my son.

I can still do one for your son.
these are just basic belts. I did not do any tooling or anything besides cut the leather and punch holes

The belt arrived today! Looks great, perfect fit. The holster hangs nicely, just the way I needed it to.

Now I don't have to worry about the holster hanging on everything that crosses my path in thick brush.

It's pit viper heaven in these parts. I have a subspecies of eastern diamond back called a velvet tail, copperheads everywhere I step seems like and then the one without fear... cottonmouth.

If the above wasn't enough last year someone killed a 10 foot alligator within 50 miles of my house.

Now I'll no longer be leaving my revolver in the truck because thick brush is no longer a problem.

Many thanks! :clapping:

The belt arrived today! Looks great, perfect fit. The holster hangs nicely, just the way I needed it to.

Now I don't have to worry about the holster hanging on everything that crosses my path in thick brush.

It's pit viper heaven in these parts. I have a subspecies of eastern diamond back called a velvet tail, copperheads everywhere I step seems like and then the one without fear... cottonmouth.

If the above wasn't enough last year someone killed a 10 foot alligator within 50 miles of my house.

Now I'll no longer be leaving my revolver in the truck because thick brush is no longer a problem.

Many thanks! :clapping:

maybe we can come to some kind of arrangement, I want eastern diamond backs.
3' or longer.
skinned, salted, frozen, shipped
not an on going thing, but about 10 of them rascals i could tan them and make a belt or hat belt

I doubt I see 10 in a year, more like 5 or 6. Copperheads now, I see 10 of them for every rattler I see.

I've never seen anything done with an eastern diamond back skin. They are the most beautiful compared to the rest of the rattlers.

Back