Black Friday Deals

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie_nrs

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
As I posted in a different thread, I look at Black Friday deals in a bit of a different light. I look to stock up on my everyday or "prep" needs. I see a store that offers 50% off an item and I think of things I wanted to stock up on during the year or things I will need in the near future. I have a family member who will be looking for a hot water heater but I'm not sure if he's found a "deal" yet. It also seems to be a good time to stock up on jeans, boots, winter shirts, etc. Although, I can typically find really good deals on those things right after the holidays as well. I haven't gotten all the flyers yet, but I've found a couple of deals so far.

I plan to stock up on baking products that are on sale now....butter 1.99, cream cheese .69, flour 1.15, etc. I'd get a turkey too at less than .37/# but I don't have any room in my freezer this year.

I also found a 4 pack of game cameras for $100 at TS.......which is great timing since one of mine just died.

A 50% off a single item at the hardware store I will use on sunflower seed, jars, or extra propane tank.

There is another farm store in my area that usually has some nice BF deals, so I can't wait to get that flyer. I'm sure my dogs, birds, and hubs will be happy with whatever I get there. I also give gifts of birdseed, feeders, suet, etc. so hopefully I'll knock out my short list. I would much rather hang out there all day long than in department stores! I'm also looking forward to the home improvement store flyers to stock up the garage/shop area with tools, wipers, saw blades, etc..

Depending on what the big department stores have, I may trek in there, but I usually don't like to go there. It would have to be a really really really good deal for me to bother with that. So far I've seen nothing that interests me there........thank goodness!

Oh, as a tip for those of you who want good deals but don't want to go out, I noticed last year that Amazon matched many of the really good deals that were going on in the big box stores or the big box stores offered the same deals online. There's one DVD that I want that I know will go on sale on BF, but instead of trying to find it in store, I'll be looking for it online. I got some SD cards last year at a great price that way.

Not going near a town on bs Friday. I will have some turkey sammiches that will be keeping me occupied. Bought a fresh jar of mayo and bread for the occasion.

I'll be running the chainsaw cleaning up some brush. also planning to finish installing the rest of my grape arbor and getting ready to plant the last few vines to finish out the rows. Also have about a dozen berry plants that need to go in the ground. it's about time for that so I may just get my holes for them dug.

They will have to practically give it to me free to get me in a store after working retail for years.
I'll shop on line for some items.
I will be doing some research, comparsion shopping today.
Don't do big department stores, most have online shopping with better deals anyway.
Have coupons 75% off for Joann's,Harbor Freight,.
Have gift cerificates for food stuff picked up 4 pound ham for freezer.
Have $3.00 coupon for chicken leg quarters, might pick up couple bags.
With Kohl's cash, 50-75% coupons could pick up a couple of good deals there.
Same thing with Macy's cash, coupons.
Most everybody has free shipping now.

I bought a lot of ammo today.
Bi-Mart had a sale and Federal has a rebate.
I bought.22 ammo for 1.8 cents per round.
1600 rounds for $29.97 after rebate.
I bought 4800 rounds of that.
That gives me 14,000 rounds of .22.
Should last awhile.
Then 9mm was $64 for 500 after rebate so I bought 1000 rounds of that.
Buy cheap and stack deep.:D

I went shopping yesterday, but I don't do the "typical" Black Friday thing. I spent most of my wad at Tractor Supply and the other local farm store. I didn't have to fight any crowds there.....nor would I, which is why I go there. I could have gone to Walmart since the lot was practically empty. When we drove by to get home on Thanksgiving evening, the parking lot was jammed full. We waved as we drove on by. LOL!

I bought birdseed and suet for the birds and for gifts at a deep discount, bought 8 trail cams for $200, bought 8 pounds of bacon for $2.49 per pound for the fresh thick cut stuff (I just got lucky on that one, as it wasn't even a black friday deal), bought 6# of butter for 1.99 per pound, and bought some small gifts for family. I wasn't in town very long and basically milled around wasting time until the pizzeria opened b/c I was craving a pizza for lunch!!

There really wasn't a whole lot of deals this year. It seemed that in years past, the deals were much better. I think the fact that this year there will be 5 weekends before Christmas and the fact that consumer confidence is high, really kind of squashed the deals. I think stores will be waiting until later in the season for deep discounts. I will be shopping more in January and February for the clearance deals. Those are usually much much better than BF deals and there's no crowds to fight with.

Even the online deals this year have been few and far between. I've never really gotten a great deal on cyber Monday, so I'm not really looking forward to that.

I need to go to Tractor supply, just opened here.
I did not know they sold bacon and butter.

I did not get all that at TS. I got the butter at Aldi and the bacon at my local grocery store. The bacon was a non-advertised special of the day. I say it WAS b/c I bought all that they had in the case. I only grabbed 2 packages at first, checked out, and went to the car. As I sat there I thought to myself.....if I head home, knowing I left that deal there, I'll be kicking myself later. So, I went back in and bought it all. My thought was......can anyone really have enough bacon in the freezer??? We had bacon for dinner. LOL! We were going to make a sandwich out of it, but just never got that far. And, for sure I would have kicked myself had I not gone back and bought it all b/c it was really good!

I did not get all that at TS. I got the butter at Aldi and the bacon at my local grocery store. The bacon was a non-advertised special of the day. I say it WAS b/c I bought all that they had in the case. I only grabbed 2 packages at first, checked out, and went to the car. As I sat there I thought to myself.....if I head home, knowing I left that deal there, I'll be kicking myself later. So, I went back in and bought it all. My thought was......can anyone really have enough bacon in the freezer??? We had bacon for dinner. LOL! We were going to make a sandwich out of it, but just never got that far. And, for sure I would have kicked myself had I not gone back and bought it all b/c it was really good!
OK that :)explains why I didn't know.
I went to TS today and they didn't have anything I can't live without.
The crowd consisted of me,my wife,my brother and 3 other shoppers.

REVIVING this thread for 2019!

I haven't gotten the flyers yet and have been kinda busy with other stuff to really snoop out any deals yet. Has anyone found an amazing deal that they are going to take advantage of?

One store around here offers a percentage off a single item purchase. The larger the amount of purchase, the larger the percentage off. I'm going to take advantage of that to get a spot bot. I always like to have a spare one of those since we have dogs who sometimes have muddy feet.:confused: My main spot bot conked out this past year, so it's time to get my replacement. I never see them go on sale, so this is the only way I can get it at a discount.

I have to go on my farm supply website and see what they are running for their black Friday sale. I go there Friday morning and spend quite a bit of time in there.:D

I can usually find some decent deals at Home Depot or Lowes too and they usually put out flyers. The local hardware store also usually has some percent off sales too so I'll have to see what they are offering as well.

???

???

Are you two talking in English? I don't have any clue what a "room a" is (may it rest in peace), but evidently it runs on a battery.
A Roomba. Aparently my phone doesn't know what it is either because it keeps removing the b.

Going to next big town over to Alidi's to pick up Christmas gift for grand daughter tomorrow.
Have to buy 2.
1 for dad's house.
1 for Granny's house.
The one for dad's house will be toy.
The one for Granny's house we will use for baking, cooking.
Kitchen utensils sets for smaller kids hands, $9.95x 2.
Also purchasing an Air Fryer for $20.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back