Black Friday Deals

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Thread Alert :cop:

This is the first year I can think of in recent history that I did not go out looking for Black Friday deals. I didn't get any sales flyers and I didn't go looking for any either. I don't really need anything, but that never stopped me before. I just don't feel like going out when it seems like everyone is an angry masked elf. Nah, I'll pass. Has anyone gotten any good deals in store or online? I've never really seen any good deals on Cyber Monday but maybe this year will be different? If anyone finds some deals, please share....

I got an email from FishMoxFishFlex that they are offering a 15% off coupon code if anyone needs to stock up on meds. I'm already all set on that, so I didn't go and look at prices. The last time I checked though, it was cheaper to get a prescription and get it filled at most stores. The basic Abx are pretty cheap. But, if you can't get a prescription, this might be an option to consider.......
https://fishmoxfishflex.com/collect...il&utm_term=0_e7bbbfaef9-8c91583ba5-234280409

Old Thread Alert :cop:

This is the first year I can think of in recent history that I did not go out looking for Black Friday deals. I didn't get any sales flyers and I didn't go looking for any either. I don't really need anything, but that never stopped me before. I just don't feel like going out when it seems like everyone is an angry masked elf. Nah, I'll pass. Has anyone gotten any good deals in store or online? I've never really seen any good deals on Cyber Monday but maybe this year will be different? If anyone finds some deals, please share....

I got an email from FishMoxFishFlex that they are offering a 15% off coupon code if anyone needs to stock up on meds. I'm already all set on that, so I didn't go and look at prices. The last time I checked though, it was cheaper to get a prescription and get it filled at most stores. The basic Abx are pretty cheap. But, if you can't get a prescription, this might be an option to consider.......
https://fishmoxfishflex.com/collect...il&utm_term=0_e7bbbfaef9-8c91583ba5-234280409
Since someone (can't spell his name right! Haertig?) posted about Hulu being 1.99 a month, I signed up for it this morning. I have seen few ads and want to stay away from stores and crowds, but am willing to order online. I've never been a big shopper. I do not like being around crowds and slow moving people. Shopping causes me to be frustrated and exhausted in a big hurry.

I went to Walmart yesterday with my wife. I made it about 20 feet into the store before I was blocked by a woman with a cart. She was using about a pint of hand sanitizer and standing in the way. I asked her if we could get past, she gave me a dirty look so I told her exactly what I thought. My wife suggested I wait in the truck. I will not be going into a store to shop this year. Bah Humbug.

I went to Walmart yesterday with my wife. I made it about 20 feet into the store before I was blocked by a woman with a cart. She was using about a pint of hand sanitizer and standing in the way. I asked her if we could get past, she gave me a dirty look so I told her exactly what I thought. My wife suggested I wait in the truck. I will not be going into a store to shop this year. Bah Humbug.
Make me want to Gibbs Slap people line that. It would be well deserved IMO

I have often been tempted, but I try to not blow up at people.

It is a lot more satisfying to blow people up rather than blow up at them... ;)

Bet she'd have moved quick if you would have pulled down your mask to cough in her direction.

Again.....old thread alert!
1637942810800.png

Black Friday 2021

Again this year I did not go out shopping. I'm just not in the mood to fight the crowds and I don't need anything.

Has anyone found any good deals? Any good online sales? I will be going out this weekend but I don't have any holiday sales I'm going after....just the regular stuff. However, I might go looking for something specific if anyone has any deals to post.

I need to go to Tractor supply, just opened here.
I did not know they sold bacon and butter.
When a Tractor Supply opens, they have coupon booklets to give away. You might need to ask the cashier for one. One of the coupons is for 10% off feed. No expiration. Good at any store, not just the opening one. I still have a some left from 5 years ago.
Sorry. I just saw original post was 2 years ago. Still holds, though, if there’s a new store opening, look for those booklets. Also, another post mentioned shipping costs for an out of stock item. Ship to store is free. For the cost of shipping, it might be worth going back to TSC for a pickup..

Last edited:
63% off now $8.14 per can.

Black Friday 2022 - Old thread alert.:cop:

I can't believe Thanksgiving is already knocking on the door.:oops: I haven't seen any great deals so far for Black Friday. I still haven't decided if I'm going shopping or not. Typically if I do go, I find the best deals at hardware stores and farm stores. It'll probably depend upon the weather if I decide to go or not. I need to go to town soon for my regular grocery run, so I might put it off until Friday and make a day of it.

If anyone has seen some great deals (either in store or online), please post them here!

Welp.. Not a "Black Friday Deal", but.. Just happened upon this Deal over-yonder, and seems like a Fine deal for a nice Stainless pot (even if for 'Other-than-Popcorn' uses.. https://www.lehmans.com/product/lehmans-all-popped-no-measure-popcorn-popper/
Ordered one (and one of their 'Chainmail scrubbers', for Cast Iron https://www.lehmans.com/product/chain-mail-scrubber/ :cool: ..But they've also got some Good-lookin Prices on Lots of Cast Iron stuff, ie: https://www.lehmans.com/category/cast-iron 🤔

..This 'un, in particular, looks Interesting: https://www.lehmans.com/product/lehmans-nitrogen-hardened-cast-iron-griddle-double-sided/ 👍 ..But, I think I'll Wait (till "Actual Black Friday"..) to see if they pop any 'Offers' on Cast Iron (like they did on that Stainless Pot..) That'd be :cool:.

Anybody, herein, have any 'Experience' with Lehmans Cast Iron? 🤔 We're pretty well Set with Dutch Ovens / Skillets, etc, but If those 'wear well', might just look to pick up a Few pieces, as Those Prices seem quite good (even Not "on Sale"..) for Cast Iron..

Fwiw..
jd

We have poor mail service here, and the other day I discovered a Cabela's flyer or brochure for Black Friday deals in my cluster mailbox out by the highway. Thought it was for me, since I used to buy stuff from Cabela's all the time, but later I noticed someone else's name on it, so I returned it to the drop slot at the cluster mailboxes during my next town run. Didn't see anything too noteworthy, though there was a Winchester shotgun on sale for $199, which saved a prospective buyer at least $50. I'm sure you can find the same ad on the web. :rolleyes:

What is it about black Friday that you realize another year is shot to Helluva?

As you're working and struggling, striving for a dream like a homestead, time drags on forever. When you finally realize that goal, someone puts their finger on the fast forward button?

Black Friday 2022 - Old thread alert.:cop:

I can't believe Thanksgiving is already knocking on the door.:oops: I haven't seen any great deals so far for Black Friday. I still haven't decided if I'm going shopping or not. Typically if I do go, I find the best deals at hardware stores and farm stores. It'll probably depend upon the weather if I decide to go or not. I need to go to town soon for my regular grocery run, so I might put it off until Friday and make a day of it.

If anyone has seen some great deals (either in store or online), please post them here!
Walmart has the wonderful 6qt Duo INSTANT POT FOR $50! I was in the store to get my glasses fixed and while I was waiting I wandered around. If I didn’t already have 2(!!) I would’ve bought one. That’s at least $15-$20 cheaper than I’ve seen them in three years.

I found some good deals on Amazon for: 'augason farms 10 can clearance sale'
Type that in the search bar to see the sales. I got a few of the potato shreds at $8.14 for a #10 can. At that price, I won't even feel guilty if I never use it. Although, I love hashbrowns, so I don't think that will be a problem.
Just double check to make sure you're getting a good price by checking walmart.com and compare price.

I also got a vacuum cleaner for under $100 that I intend to give as a gift.

Pinball preparedness had some links to good solar generator deals. I would love to get one of these for my son's family. It turns out you can put a price on love. There is one that includes a solar panel under $900.

I went BF shopping and noticed that there weren't a whole lot of people in the stores. It wasn't the usual BF of the past. I think more people shop online now. I also think that the stores do more of a BF week now instead of just one day.

I got a few deals here and there.....mostly at the farm store that had 50% off already marked clearanced items. The pups got some new toys, beds, and treats for Christmas. I got some trail cams for $30, some winter socks for cheap, some pillows, tools, etc. Home Depot had a few deals on tools and such, but nothing overly spectacular. I got some deals on some new cookware. I pulled the trigger on that b/c our pots and pans are getting pretty beat up and the non-stick surface is not really non-stick anymore. It's gotta go!

I paid cash for everything, even the 'upgraded' flip phone I had to get to replace my old 3G phone. Oh, how they tried to upsell me to a 'smart phone'. Nope....not interested. They looked at me like I was a cave woman.......paying cash for a flip phone. Who the heck is this woman???? LOL!

Latest posts

Back