Black radish

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patchouli

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
There has been discussion of growing black radishes in previous years and their health benefits as well.
Currently being discussed in the gardening 2023 area.
This information was found online, of course.
Black radish can interact with some medical conditions for better and for worse.
“In folk medicine black radish juice has many different uses. It has been used since antiquity for its purported stimulation of bile function.[16] Black radish has been used for many centuries in some regions of Asia, Africa, and Mexico. Black radish juice contains glucosinolates. Glucoraphasatin and glucoraphaninare the most abundant. Consequently, black radish has been studied for its potential use in the prevention of cholesterol gallstones.”
But also can interfere with the thyroid.

There has been discussion of growing black radishes in previous years and their health benefits as well.
Currently being discussed in the gardening 2023 area.
This information was found online, of course.
Black radish can interact with some medical conditions for better and for worse.
“In folk medicine black radish juice has many different uses. It has been used since antiquity for its purported stimulation of bile function.[16] Black radish has been used for many centuries in some regions of Asia, Africa, and Mexico. Black radish juice contains glucosinolates. Glucoraphasatin and glucoraphaninare the most abundant. Consequently, black radish has been studied for its potential use in the prevention of cholesterol gallstones.”
But also can interfere with the thyroid.
I can't help it....
Every time I see that thread title, I see: "Blackened Redfish".
Blame my bad eyesight :(.
Since I know you love recipes, I included one from a chef you might recognise:D.

1675713320321.png

When my dad became ill, his primary nurse ( a doctor in Russia, without US credentials) requested his home nurse administer him black radishes. I don't know how it was supplied, but it was left to me to find it for him. I finally found it 4 towns away at a holistic vegetable garden. I teased the doc, Vladimir, that the minute he requested "Eyes of Newt", I was going to fire him!

Latest posts

Back