Blast Of The Past

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drag racing was fun till you snatched a rear end out of burn up a clutch.
I made the mistake of reeving up to a nomad, thought haha look the station wagon wants to drag, I was in a 1955 with a 327 and 4 in the floor,he left us like we were sitting still. My friend Brenda really got a kick out it.

Drag racing was fun till you snatched a rear end out of burn up a clutch.
I made the mistake of reeving up to a nomad, thought haha look the station wagon wants to drag, I was in a 1955 with a 327 and 4 in the floor,he left us like we were sitting still. My friend Brenda really got a kick out it.

I drag raced for years as a teenager. Next door neighbor had a Mustang he built and I would go to the races every week with him. A while later he built a bike for drags. He also had a street bike, we haul them to the track and I'd run the street bike. Had so much fun. After I started driving I got a mustang of my own and ran it some. Did some street racing as well. Me and a buddy (he also had a Stang) was out cruising around. Ran into a couple guys with a Camaro and old Chevelle. Both nice cars. I ran the camaro and beat him, Then pulled up to run the Chevelle. He half tracked me. Never had that happen before. LOL

Blasted in the past and still g
I drag raced for years as a teenager. Next door neighbor had a Mustang he built and I would go to the races every week with him. A while later he built a bike for drags. He also had a street bike, we haul them to the track and I'd run the street bike. Had so much fun. After I started driving I got a mustang of my own and ran it some. Did some street racing as well. Me and a buddy (he also had a Stang) was out cruising around. Ran into a couple guys with a Camaro and old Chevelle. Both nice cars. I ran the camaro and beat him, Then pulled up to run the Chevelle. He half tracked me. Never had that happen before. LOL

LOL, those were the days ,huh? Sounds like you had lots of fun BacP.:thumbs:

I sure did. Also much more enjoied racing Motorcross and Enduro on my dirt bike. Those were the days.

Did you like to roller skate too?
We use to have all night skates for teens in the early 1960s. They would lock the doors till parents came to pick us up. So much fun back then. Hubby and I taught 6 of the grandkids how to skate. I don't think one great grand skates though.

We had roller skating disco dance on Friday nights, late 1970's. Fun times

It sure was fun Amish. But after breaking my tail bone jumping over a kid I was more fearful. But still skated some. Hubby was a good skater so he helped me but not the same once I realized I was breakable.

Before my time, but I loved the Movie.

Anyone who is a prepper or thinks that one day S will HTF needs to watch that movie. I have seen it numerous times and would watch it anytime it comes on. A man thinks the world is ending and builds a bunker. He takes his pregnant wife into the bunker. In a couple decades, the son comes out of the bunker.

We didn't have a skating rink and we didn't have sidewalks that were good to skate on. We had a nice swimming pool donated to our town and that was the center of summer activities for us.

Anyone who is a prepper or thinks that one day S will HTF needs to watch that movie. I have seen it numerous times and would watch it anytime it comes on. A man thinks the world is ending and builds a bunker. He takes his pregnant wife into the bunker. In a couple decades, the son comes out of the bunker.

I saw part of it and do plan to watch it soon. I've never seen it or even heard of it till now.

We didn't have a skating rink and we didn't have sidewalks that were good to skate on. We had a nice swimming pool donated to our town and that was the center of summer activities for us.

Those community swimming pools were fun too Weedy. We had one called Misty Waters. Always had a blast there. It had a high dive and low dive.

Latest posts

Back