BLUEBERRIES

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Pops has 8 blueberry bushes he has carefully tended for some years. There are two bushes each, of four different varieties that mature at slightly different times. He has a fence and bird net for them. Unfortunately at his advanced age he isn't able to tend them like he needs to for an optimal harvest. Most years, he would have so many berries that mom would eventually start chewing him out. "Don't be bringing any more of those in the house! I'm not processing any more berries!"

Maybe this year I'll see about going up there and finding out everything he needs to have done for his bushes. I myself don't eat many berries, but those bushes along with his fruit trees, wild raspberries, mulberries, elderberries, and wild asparagus beds, are an important resource that should be kept prepared...

Mine are only just starting to show signs of life but it’s still cold here. Tonight, we’re expecting a dip into the 20s but after that looks like weather will be changing to early spring.

I grow mine in pots on the patio, so it’s rea just enough for eating out of hand. Up at the cabin I planted 4. Not sure if the all survived but I know at least 2 did. Plan on getting 4 more and edging the drive/walkway to the cabin.

Latest posts

Back